The release of “Forza Motorsport 4” today across North America ushers in a new dawn for racing games and automotive entertainment. Developed by Turn 10 Studios and published by Microsoft Studios exclusively for Xbox 360, “Forza Motorsport 4” has set a new industry standard in this latest installment to the acclaimed “Forza Motorsport” franchise, the highest rated racing franchise of this generation. Featuring stunning graphics, heart racing action and unrivaled gameplay, “Forza Motorsport 4” redefines the automotive experience. Igniting the automotive passion and spirit in gamers and car lovers around the globe, “Forza Motorsport 4” is one of 2011’s top rated games to date* and has been met with critical acclaim.
“Forza Motorsport 4” is available in a Standard Edition ($59.99 U.S. ERP) and Limited Collector’s Edition ($79.99 U.S. ERP) at retailers across North America. The Limited Collector’s Edition offers exclusive content, including the “American Muscle” Car Pack, “Launch Bonus” Car Pack and “VIP” Car Pack, other downloadable content and VIP membership status.
The limited quantity “Launch Bonus” Car Pack is available for fans who purchase either the Standard Edition or Limited Collector’s Edition early and includes five cars:
- 1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
- 2011 Koenigsegg Agera
- 1997 Lexus SC300
- 2011 RUF RGT-8
- 2011 Tesla Roadster Sport
For the ultimate day one experience, fans can purchase the “American Muscle” Car Pack for 560 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE. The “American Muscle” Car Pack includes:
- 1965 Pontiac GTO
- 1968 Pontiac Firebird
- 1970 Buick GSX
- 1970 Dodge Cornet Super Bee
- 1966 Chevrolet Nova SS
- 1969 Shelby GT500 428CJ
- 1971 Plymouth GTX 426 Hemi
- 1967 Dodge Cornet W023
- 1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
- 1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt
Delivering automotive action like never before, “Forza Motorsport 4” gameplay features include:
- Platform Defining Graphics. Featuring dramatic Hollywood-style camera effects and an all new lighting engine, “Forza Motorsport 4” creates an unparalleled, dramatically realistic graphical experience — all running at a silky-smooth 60 frames per second.
- Vibrant Online Community on Xbox LIVE.** “Forza Motorsport 4” is making racing more social than ever. Create a Car Club and build the ultimate dream team of drivers, tuners and painters from the “Forza” community. Share your passion for cars and dominate the other clubs. With the all-new Rivals Mode, play against your friends whether they’re online or not by challenging them for bragging rights and rewards in a variety of different game types.
- Top Gear Integration. Whether you’re listening to Jeremy Clarkson’s unique take in Autovista, taking a spin in the Kia Cee’d on the Top Gear Test Track, or playing car soccer with 15 of your closest friends online, you can enjoy the BBC’s Top Gear, which is integrated throughout “Forza Motorsport 4” in entertaining, informative and perhaps even surprising ways.
- Controller-free Innovation with Kinect for Xbox 360. Autovista Mode brings the automotive experience to life. Walk around the car in a virtual showroom, crouch down to look at the details, or open the doors and hood using the power of Kinect. Immerse yourself with Kinect Head Tracking, which pans the camera view based on how you naturally look into the corners when you’re hard charging. Take the virtual wheel with Kinect as you sit on the couch with your friends and family — no controller required. You can even take advantage of Kinect voice control to easily navigate the game’s menu.
- Hundreds of Cars to Race, Collect and Tune. With more than 80 manufacturers, the most in any racing game available today, “Forza Motorsport 4” features unrivaled diversity and more of the cars you love. The all new World Tour Mode boasts new tracks, unending choice and hundreds of hours of gameplay as you travel the globe with your favorite car. With the most accurate physics engine, cockpits and damage on every car, and assists that allow even the most casual player to race, “Forza Motorsport 4” redefines the genre.
Free Trial with Xbox LIVE Demo: For those who want to test drive “Forza Motorsport 4” first, the Xbox LIVE demo is available to download for free from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace: http://marketplace.xbox.com/