Xotic is a genre-bending FPS unlike any other with a unique, hybrid first-person shooter (FPS) arcade-style flair and sci-fi twist. Independently developed and launched by WXP Games , the game has been updated to version 2.4 with new features, new content, new achievements, and fixes to further improve the outstanding gameplay. The PC Game for Windows is available for $9.99.
“The new Xotic 2.4 incorporates a lot of the feedback we got about the game when it first launched. We specifically worked on the areas where players said we needed to change. Today the gameplay is improved to a point where players will really see, feel and appreciate the difference,” said Lyndon Sumner, design director of WXP Games. “Even if you’ve already played through the game, check out the new tutorial for valuable gameplay techniques like hologram riding that are essential to Xotic. You’ll need to master them all to dominate the new speed run attack modes.”
Xotic is an exceptionally vibrant arcade-style first-person shooter with unique chain-reaction gameplay and point multiplier mechanics that come together to form a remarkable hybrid. In Xotic players explore a unique bio-diverse environment while aiming to rack up millions of points and a spot at the top of the leaderboards. In addition, the game features incredible replay value, as each level requires precision, strategy and practice to maximize the point-scoring potential. Like a great arcade shmup or racing game, each level offers nearly infinite opportunity to improve your score with every playthrough.
Players blast their way through 23 cunning levels as they face the minions of the Orb and detonate chain reactions to maximize their score. The object is to race to complete each level as quickly as possible to maximize the time bonus, all while collecting powerups, point multipliers and hidden secrets!
The Xotic 2.4 update incorporates many changes since the launch of the game including adding new graphics options, new speed run game modes, new content, new achievements, support for DLC, a vastly improved tutorial, improved translations, and a variety of fixes for customer-reported issues.
• Windowed Mode – Game can now be run in windowed mode
• Scab Attack game mode: Destroy all scab plants in each level as quickly as possible. Includes 23 new leaderboards.
• Essence Attack game mode: Collect all the Orb Essence in each level as quickly as possible. New Orb Essence content exclusive to this mode added to all levels. Get ready to bust our your hologram riding technique! Includes 23 new leaderboards.
• Orb Attack game mode: Destroy all the Orb Brains in each level as quickly as possible. New Orb Brain content exclusive to this mode added to all levels. Includes 23 new leaderboards.
• Added support for additional levels via DLC packs
• New tutorial designed to teach key mechanics of the game such as hologram riding and flight.
• Improved translations for all languages
• Brain Freeze achievement is now obtainable after winter sale, Find and destroy a blue Crystal Orb Brain (they appear after completing any level goal in a bonus level).
• Upgrade screen is bypassed in time-attack modes
• New indicator in time attack modes shows remaining goals
• Contagion: poison an enemy and have him poison another enemy.
• Goal Oriented: Finish all 3 level goals (scabs, brains & essence) with a point multiplier invoked.
• Gravity Defying: Perform 3 Aerial combos without touching the ground or a hologram.
• Completionist: Finish all levels (non-DLC) in all modes.
• Head Hunter: Destroy the five robot heads in the game.
• Airborne Killer: 5 consecutive fly kills.
• Mega Speed Kill: Kill 6 enemies in under 30 seconds.
• Sky is the Limit: Land on 1000 hard holograms.
• Added a 3-2-1 countdown at the beginning of the levels to emphasize the importance of speed.
• Game difficulty can now be changed without starting a new game.
• Scroll boxes now respond to click-hold for scrolling.
• Perfect Chains accomplished are displayed on map screen
blog comments powered by Disqus
For more information visit www.xoticgame.com . Developed and published by WXP Games, Xotic is rated T for Teen (Animated Blood, Violence) by the ESRB. It costs $9.99 and is available on Steam athttp://store.steampowered.com/