Paradox Interactive, a publisher of games and a wearer of lifejackets, and developer Pieces Interactive today announced the forthcoming release of a new tactical action game, Leviathan: Warships, for PC, Mac, iOS, and Android platforms. The game, which challenges players to assemble customized fleets of warships and weaponry, will feature cross-platform gameplay across all supported platforms, allowing battles to be fought from nearly any computer, tablet, or location. With a full co-op campaign and several player-vs.-player (PvP) maps ready to put fleets to the test, Paradox reminds players that their tablets will not function as floatation devices.
Ships just got real, watch the announcement trailer here:
In Leviathan: Warships, players will choose from a wide array of ship and weapon types to build a personalized fleet and fight battles in a unique blend of action and turn-based gameplay. Captains can take their time to plot out their turn, assigning moves and attacks to their ships, and then witness the chaos of battle as each fleet engages their maneuvers in simultaneous action sequences. With Leviathan: Warships, Paradox puts the sea in the cloud, allowing players to start a session from their tablet and continue their cloud-saved skirmish from their computer, challenging foes on any available device.
Leviathan: Warships features:
- Tactical Action: Plot out your turn in advance and watch your plans come to fruition alongside your foes’ moves
- Form Your Fleet: Pick from 11 ship types and 16 weapon types to customize your own warships and formations
- Sink Your Devices: Cross-platform play between PC, Mac, iOS and Android allows you to pick up a battle anywhere, any time.
- Enlist Your Shipmates: Bring along up to 3 other players for five individual challenge missions, or a full co-op campaign spanning nine levels
- Own the Oceans: Prove your dominance of the sea by saving replays of your battles
- Support for Marooned Sailors: Offline mode available for campaign and challenges