11 bit studios announced today that preorders for Anomaly 2 are now available from the game’s official website at anomaly2game.com and via Steam and other digital outlets.
The release is set for May 15th on PC, Mac and Linux. Players that preorder now get the game for 10% off the already-low $14.99 retail price and also get a free additional copy to give to a friend or jealously hoard for themselves. If that’s not enough, anyone who preorders directly from 11 bit viaanomaly2game.com will receive another bonus gift on launch day.
Anomaly 2 is a real-time strategy game that takes the tower offense concept from the award-winning Anomaly Warzone Earth and adds a number of important new features.
- Morph your troops into war mechs to discover the new face of strategy: each unit has a different mech form with various abilities to help you overcome specific combat situations.
- Engage in a multiplayer experience unique to Anomaly 2: tower defense vs. tower offense. Play as the towers and destroy the humans or lead the humans to annihilate the alien towers.
- Fight across a post-apocalyptic world in a new single-player campaign that offers a more intense strategy experience than the acclaimed original.
- Carve your own path to victory and create your ultimate battle squad. With more than a million tactical combinations to build your squad, your options in combat are nearly endless.
- Dive into a beautifully rendered world, thanks to the team’s new and improved visual engine.
- Experience alternative endings dependent upon your approach to enemy machines in the campaign.