Reviewing the contents of the Borderlands 2: Game of the Year Edition, I wondered if you could spend less than $59.99 for it. I used the Steam Store page for Borderlands 2 to determine cost and value, and break down items individually. There are some pieces of content that simply don’t have value.
Here’s everything that’s included with the Game of the Year Edition, valued at $59.99:
- Borderlands 2 main game ($29.99)
- Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty (Season Pass at $29.99 or individually for $9.99)
- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage (included in Season Pass or individually for $9.99)
- Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt (included in Season Pass or individually for $9.99)
- Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep (included in Season Pass or individually for $9.99)
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1 (included in Season Pass or individually for $4.99)
- Krieg, the Psycho Character Class ($9.99)
- Collector’s Edition Heads and Skins ($4.99)
- Contraband Sky Rocket Grenade (included with the Collector’s Edition)
- Creature Slaughter Dome (Pre-Order exclusive, if not, is $4.99)
- Premiere Club Content (Pre-Order content, no value)
- Gaige, the Mechromancer Character Class (individually for $9.99)
- Gearbox Gun Pack (no value)
- Golden Key (no value)
- Vault Hunter’s Relic (no value)
Well, that is a bit of an exaggerated statement. The true total cost of the items if you are to include the Season Pass discount only comes to $89.94.
In pricing everything out, in order to achieve this, everything must be individually priced. In the end, all Borderlands 2 content included in the Game of the Year Edition equal $104.90, which holds up to that claim by 2K.
So, how will you be getting your Game of the Year Edition of Borderlands 2? Here are your options:
- Buy the GOTY Edition “as-is”: $59.99
- If you pre-ordered Borderlands 2, just the upgrades with Season Pass will cost you: $44.97.
- If you own Borderlands 2, but didn’t pre-order, with Season Pass it is: $59.95
- If you own Borderlands 2, but didn’t pre-order, without the Season Pass (all DLC is individually purchased) comes out to $79.95
Also note that the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 is not included in the Game of the Year Edition and would cost an additional $4.99.
You will save money if you pre-ordered Borderlands 2 last year and haven’t bought any DLC. You will spend exactly the same if you didn’t pre-order and upgraded. Or if you bought everything individually without the Season Pass you’ll end up spending more.
2K has favorably priced the Game of the Year Edition to allow you to get the Game of the Year Edition with little to no extra cost than someone who already owns the game.blog comments powered by Disqus