ASTRO Gaming, a division of Skullcandy, Inc. (Nasdaq: SKUL), and creators of premium video gaming equipment for professional gamers, today announced the launch of the ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition Wireless Gaming Headset for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. The ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition represents ASTRO Gaming’s first officially licensed Microsoft gaming headset and will feature a new custom color as well as graphics inspired by the highly anticipated Battlefield 4; audio profiles developed by DICE to deliver the game’s award-winning audio exactly as the studio intended; and, a set of exclusive, in-game ASTRO Gaming Dog Tags for Xbox 360 players. The ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition is now available at select retail stores nationwide and at www.astrogaming.com. Battlefield 4 will be available on October 29 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC; November 12 for the PlayStation 4 and on November 19 for the Xbox One.
“DICE’s Battlefield 4 is one of the few games today that mixes an incredibly diverse variety of highly immersive and critically important in-game sound effects and audio cues with the need for crystal clear voice communication. Battlefield 4’s need for spatial audio clarity is also second to none – hearing the People’s Liberation Army soldiers before they come around a corner, an incoming airstrike before it hits or the heavy armor before it crests a hill is paramount to success in Battlefield 4,” said Aron Drayer, Director of Marketing for ASTRO Gaming. “Our new ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition was designed from the ground up to handle everything Battlefield 4 can throw at you — from cutting edge KleerNet™ wireless to Dolby Surround Sound 5.1 to Game-to-Voice audio balance controls to custom EQ modes designed by DICE.”
ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition is ASTRO Gaming’s most technologically advanced product to date and innovates with a number of features, including: cutting-edge KleerNet™ 5.8GHz wireless technology dramatically increasing clarity and operating range; Dolby® Digital 5.1 surround sound for increased spatial accuracy and definition; embedded ASTRO MixAmp™ 5.8 the audio engine that seamlessly blends voice and game sounds; a long-lasting lithium-ion battery system rechargeable via USB; a uni-directional mic with flip-up mute; and, a discrete wireless transmitter that fits snugly within a stylish stand for easy recharging and display.
Based on ASTRO Gaming’s award-winning A50 wireless gaming headset, the ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition features include:
- ASTRO Audio Experience – Engineered specifically for gaming, ASTRO Audio delivers audiophile-grade sound in a richly detailed positional audio experience with three custom audio modes, including one developed by DICE to deliver the game’s audio exactly as the developer intended.
- Officially Licensed Xbox 360 Headset – Designed specifically for the Xbox 360, the ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition will provide hours of game playing excitement with superior fit and comfort as well as premium audio tuning for Xbox 360.
- Multiplatform Home Entertainment Headset – While built for extended hours of Battlefield 4 playing, the ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition also excels at home theater movie watching and music listening and works just as seamlessly with PlayStation 3, PC, Mac and more.
- Built-in ASTRO MixAmp™ 5.8 – The ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition puts the audio authority at your fingertips, with integrated wireless MixAmp™ 5.8 technology with embedded controls for Master Volume and Game-to-Voice balancing making all critical audio options available for on-the-fly adjustments.
- KleerNet™ 5.8GHz Wireless Technology – Operating at a higher frequency than most wireless devices, the ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition provides clarity and range with less interference using the best 5.8 chipset available today. Point to Multipoint – pair multiple ASTRO A50 headsets with a single transmitter. Totally uncompressed, lossless, and lag free.
- Dolby® 5.1 Surround Sound – Hear the details you’re missing with pinpoint spatial accuracy and crystal clear definition.
- Embedded Battery & Display Stand – Lithium-ion battery system rechargeable via USB. Show-off and charge your ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition on the included display stand.
- Custom Color and Finish – The ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition features a unique color and graphic treatment inspired by Battlefield 4.
- Exclusive In-Game Item – Xbox 360 players will receive an exclusive in-game item – a set of ASTRO Gaming Dog Tags.
In addition, ASTRO Gaming also revealed the release of a limited edition set of Battlefield 4 speaker tags for the studio’s award-winning A40 Audio System. Developed alongside DICE, the ASTRO Gaming Battlefield 4 speaker tags will feature artwork pulled directly from the game to ensure an authentic and iconic representation of the latest entry in the Battlefield series.
ASTRO Gaming speaker tags provide customers with an opportunity to truly personalize their listening experience with magnetically interchangeable custom-made art designed specifically for the studio’s award-winning A40 headsets. ASTRO headset owners can create their own speaker tags using the ASTRO Customizer or choose from dozens of pre-existing and highly stylish tags, including several eye-catching series by Upper Playground, iam8bit, Penny Arcade and more.
ASTRO Gaming Battlefield 4 speaker tags are available now for $24.99 directly through the company website at http://www.astrogaming.com. A Battlefield 4 bundle including the ASTRO A40 Audio System and the Battlefield 4 speaker tags is also available for $259.99.
The ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition is now available at select retailers nationwide and directly through the studio’s website at http://www.astrogaming.com for $299.99. Additional ASTRO Gaming products can be found at select Best Buy, Gamestop and Microsoft Stores nationwide and online. For more information about ASTRO Gaming or the studio’s customizable speaker tags, please visit www.astrogaming.comblog comments powered by Disqus