Today, Tripwire Interactive is delighted to announce the release of Killing Floor: Calamity exclusively for OUYA. Developed by the talented team at Toadman Interactive, creators of the silliness known as Dwarfs!?, Killing Floor: Calamity arrives just in time to spread some Christmas cheer.
Killing Floor: Calamity is a reimagined Arcade Shooter version of the original Killing Floor – the multi-million-selling, multi-award-winning PC First Person Shooter. The game takes place in the devastated cities and countryside of England, after a series of cloning experiments for the military goes horribly wrong. As a member of the military, you are dropped into these locations with a simple mission: survive long enough to cleanse the area of the failed experiments. The only problem is, these “experiments” aren’t waiting to be taken out – they’re coming for YOU!
- A new take on the smash PC hit Killing Floor, designed and built specifically for couch gaming on the OUYA in a top-down Arcade Shooter format!
- Play solo or with a friend with 2 player Co-op on one screen. Now you can literally laugh in your friends’ faces when they get chewed up by a Fleshpound!
- 21 of your favorite playable characters from the PC version.
- All 10 Zeds from the Clot to the Patriarch are included and are as least as dangerous as ever.
- 7 Perks upgradeable to Level 20, with added new special abilities.
- 9 new maps specifically designed for top down shooter mayhem.
- 35 unique weapons – including 3 special weapons (Golden AK47, Leafblower, Dual Mac-10).
- Supports OUYA and PlayStation 3 controllers!
blog comments powered by Disqus
“We feel OUYA is leading the charge in disrupting the way in which games are both created and consumed today and, as our history suggests with our successes with both Red Orchestra and Killing Floor, we’re not shy about embracing early, new digital distribution models.” said Alan Wilson, Vice President, Tripwire Interactive.
“Tripwire Interactive has always carved their own pathway in gaming,” said Kellee Santiago, Head of Developer Relations at OUYA, Inc. “We were thrilled when they decided to bring the newest installment of the multi-million-selling, multi-award-winning PC Killing Floor experience to OUYA and the television for the first time with Killing Floor: Calamity”