Dark Souls II Black Armor Edition and Collector’s Edition to have exclusive DLC to make the early game easier
NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. today announced that fans who purchase the DARK SOULS™ II Black Armor Edition or the DARK SOULS II Collector’s Edition will receive an exclusive voucher* allowing players to unlock early use of weapons contained in the Black Armor Weapons Pack. These items will help players as they begin their journey through the sequel of what critics and gamers call one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences in video game history. Fans will want to secure their early access to the Black Armor Weapons Pack by preordering the Dark Souls II Black Armor or Collector’s Editions. DARK SOULS II will be available in the Americas on March 11, 2014 for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft. Dark Souls II for PC will launch in the Americas shortly after the console version becomes available to consumers.
Hellacious enemies and unforgiving traps plague the dark and foreboding path set forth for DARK SOULS II players. A helping hand is rare and much appreciated for battle-weary adventurers in this lost land. Players who purchase the DARK SOULS II Black Armor Edition or the DARK SOULS II Collector’s Edition will receive early access to five special weapons and shields in addition to the normal array of starter weapons on offer at the beginning of their journey.
The items in the Black Armor Weapons Pack include:
- Black Flamestone Dagger and Black Flamestone Parma – A dagger and shield encrusted in Black Flamestone both found in the Gutter at Black Gulch. Even though they are heavier than a normal dagger and shield, the Flamestone crystal’s unique properties make the dagger extremely sharp and give the shield high resistance to damage.
- Yellow Quartz Longsword and Yellow Quartz Shield – A straight sword and small shield hardened with yellow quartz both uncovered at the bottom of the Iron Keep. Even though these items can break easily due to their high level of corrosion, they are exceptionally light and their power to inflict damage has not declined.
- Bound Hand Axe and Bound Wooden Shield – A brutal hand axe and shield found in the Undead Purgatory. Both items are wrapped in chains and thorns to cause additional bleeding on enemies. Both the axe and shield have diminished in overall slashing power but their ability to deliver pain has been deliberately increased.
- Homunculus Mace and Homunculus Wooden Shield – A mace and shield with spherical protrusions found in Aldia’s Keep. Although heavier-than-normal maces and shields, the hard protrusions greatly increase the striking power of the mace as well as the shield’s defensive capabilities.
- Transgressor’s Staff and Transgressor’s Leather Shield – A staff and leather shield entwined with an unknown and seemingly lackluster element; these items are found in the Dark Chasm of Old. They have become a catalyst for sorcery and hex and cause an effect known as Darkness.
In addition to the Black Armor Weapons Pack, the DARK SOULS II Black Armor Edition will also come with DARK SOULS II software, collectable metal case, and soundtrack for a MSRP of $59.99. The DARK SOULS II Collector’s Edition comes with the contents of the DARK SOULS II Black Armor Edition along with a 12” tall Warrior Knight figurine, exclusive hardbound art book, and cloth map for a MSRP of $119.99. Early access vouchers* for the Black Armor Weapons Pack will only be available within the Black Armor Edition or Collector’s Edition of Dark Souls II. The Black Armor Weapons Pack early access voucher will not be available within the standard edition versions of Dark Souls II.blog comments powered by Disqus