Devolver Digital and filmmakers Bram Ruiter and Daniel Oliveira Carneiro are pleased to announce Super Game Jam, an engaging new documentary series following some of the worlds most talented indie game developers doing what they do best. Filmed in five cities over a six month time period, Super Game Jam pairs two indie developers together for 48 hours and challenges them to create a game based on a theme suggested by their peers. The series examines the creative process, technical skill, and friendships that form through a game jam event on a more personal and intimate level.
Game jams have become an increasingly important part of the indie game development scene and our hope is to let everyone see what goes into these collaborations and explorations of themes through games, said Daniel Oliveira Carneiro, half of the filmmaking duo behind Super Game Jam.
Super Game Jam will be presented over five episodes starting this April with each film and game pairing available together for download through Steam. The trailer for Super Game Jam can be viewed on YouTube.
- Episode 1 | Utrecht, Netherlands
- Jan Willem Nijman (Ridiculous Fishing, LUFTRAUSERS) + Richard Boeser (Ibb and Obb)
- Episode 2 | Berlin, Germany
- Dominik Johann (Impetus, LAZA KNITEZ!!) + Christoffer Hedborg (Shelter, Pid)
- Episode 3 | Oakland, USA
- Adam Drucker (doseone, Samurai Gunn) + Sos Sosowski (McPixel)
- Episode 4 | Gothenburg, Sweden
- Jonatan Söderström (Hotline Miami) + Martin Jonasson (Rymdkapsel)
- Episode 5 | London, England
- Tom Francis (Gunpoint) + Liselore Goedhart (Remembering, Nott Won’t Sleep)
blog comments powered by Disqus