2K and Firaxis Games today announced that Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth, the new science fiction-themed entry in the award-winning Civilization franchise, will be released globally on Friday, October 24, 2014 for Windows PC. Fans who pre-order Civilization: Beyond Earth from participating retailers will receive the Exoplanets Map Pack, which includes six custom maps inspired by real exoplanets, at launch.
This map pack includes:
- Kepler 186f: This lush forest planet is one of the oldest known Earth-like planets;
- Rigil Khantoris Bb: Orbiting the closest star to our solar system, the historical records of this arid continental planet’s settlement are well-preserved;
- Tau Ceti d: This planet of seas and archipelagos features a booming biodiversity and a wealth of resources;
- Mu Arae f: Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, the southern hemisphere of this planet is a blistering desert where the sun never sets, while the northern hemisphere is perpetually in frozen darkness;
- 82 Eridani e: An alien world of scarce water and wracked by tectonic forces;
- Eta Vulpeculae b: A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain.
Civilization: Beyond Earth for Windows PC is available for pre-order at participating retailers. The game is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available globally for Windows PC on October 24, 2014 for a suggested retail price of $49.99.