Aspiring emperors – ready yourselves for epic battles, cunning diplomacy and relentless conquest, as Grand Ages: Medieval makes its global debut onSteam and the Kalypso Launcher today. For North American audiences, the Special Limited Edition boxed retail version for Windows PC will arrive on September 29th, and the PlayStation®4 version will launch on October 13th.
As an added bonus, players picking up the Special Limited Edition boxed retail copy of Grand Ages: Medieval will also receive a tech-tree poster, a digital copy of the game’s soundtrack and access to two extra DLC packs: ‘Camelot’ and ‘Ancient Wonders.’ In ‘Camelot,’ rulers will start their epic journey with an impressive castle forming the center of their starting town, while the ‘Ancient Wonders’ DLC adds six monumental historical buildings from ancient times to the world map, such as the Roman Coliseum and the Greek Acropolis.
About Grand Ages: Medieval:
It is the year 1050 AD. At the beginning of the High Middle Ages development in Europe has seen an unprecedented level of progress as a rapidly growing population spreads across the length and breadth of the continent. New frontiers are being explored, settlements founded and vast trading routes established. As the head of one of these small settlements, it falls upon you to lead your people towards greatness. Explore a vast world, gather resources, encounter other societies and use your trading expertise to expand and make your fortune. Found new cities, progress your nation with inventive technology and protect your trade routes against barbarian attacks until you are powerful enough to begin your conquest over Europe and forge a bold new empire.
Grand Ages: Medieval is a real-time, Grand Strategy game from Gaming Minds, a Kalypso Media studio. Lead your people and advance through the decades by utilizing construction, research, expansion and conquest in an area extending from Scandinavia and North Africa; to Portugal, the Caucasus and the Middle East. Rise from the humble role of a simple mayor governing a small settlement to rule over all of Europe. Experience an exciting campaign with elaborately designed cut-scenes, play by your own rules in free play or test your skills in multiplayer against up to 8 players!
Features of Grand Ages: Medieval
- Explore a gigantic game world of over 20 million square kilometers, plot strategically where to found important cities and defend your kingdom against foreign powers
- Raise an army and fight your opponents with knights, archers and cavalry
- Produce and trade 20 different goods to meet the demands of your citizens and soldiers: such as coal, fruits and pottery
- Research and utilize 50 major technological advancement of the Middle Ages: including the three-field crop rotation, the low warp loom or the longbow
- Face devastating natural disasters like storms, fires, volcanoes, droughts, earthquakes… or even the Black Death
- Challenging Multiplayer Mode for up to 8 players