Rising Star Games today announced that they have partnered with Spain-based developer, Kraken Empire to release a physical boxed edition and digital edition of the highly-stylized shoot ’em up (shmup) game, Kromaia Omega, on the PlayStation 4 this fall.
Kromaia Omega is a highly-immersive shmup; a journey that is quite unlike any other that mixes technology and myth for an innovative gameplay experience. Players will explore new worlds protected by giant god-like guardians, filled with ancient temple ruins, and littered with puzzles to solve and treasures to collect.
A truly unique adventure, Kromaia‘s approach to gameplay looks to bring new life to the shmup genre. Providing players with full 360˚ freedom to fly, spin, and shoot changes the traditional style of arcade shmups significantly. Also, Kromaia‘s adaptive AI creates a special kind of emergent gameplay: one that changes variables like enemy speed and formations to offer new, uniquely tailored experiences depending on how the game is played. Combine this with several ultra-maneuverable Armors (pilotable ships/vessels), all with different attributes, and a wide range of ancient, alien worlds to explore, and players have a game that changes the genre forever.
Kromaia Omega Features:
- Interact with hundreds of physical objects, like massive asteroids, ancient temple ruins, puzzles, treasure, and fight dozens of on-screen enemies at once
- Highly destructible worlds with their own rules and law of physics
- Adaptive AI – Artificial intelligence based on independent simple brains that cooperate creating emergent behaviors
- Pilot several different Armors, each with unique weapons, attributes, and philosophies, plus an all-new armor exclusive to Kromaia Omega
- Multiple gameplay modes including “Story,” “Score Attack,” and new “Pure Mode”
- Four levels of difficulty to test players of all skill levels
- Online leaderboards to show the rest of the shmup world you mean business
- Two-player local co-op that lets one player pilot while the other takes control of the weapon systems
Both physical and digital editions of Kromaia Omega will be released on PS4™ this fall. For more information and insight on the story and lore of Kromaia, please visit the official micro-site: http://www.krakenempire.com/