STORY: HUMANITY IS NO MORE
Set in the distant future, The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human portrays the end of civilization as we know it. As a result of climate change and a weakening sun, humans are forced to live underwater in order to survive. The heat from the planet’s inner crust may have kept the deepest cities alive — but as resources began to dwindle in 2971, it was decided that humanity’s only chance of survival would be to send subaquatic spaceships to a nearby wormhole to look for habitable planets. However, things did not go as planned. When one of the ships (Argo9) returns millions of years later, it becomes clear that humans are now extinct.
What happened while the Argo9 was gone is a mystery solved only through the faint memories of humanity’s last automated machines, which endured thanks to a central power line. No one is left to tell the story of mankind’s last days. Without records or witnesses, the player is the only one able to find answers . . . and keep the legacy of the last humans alive.
GAMEPLAY: A WORLD OVERRUN BY ENORMOUS SEA CREATURES
The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human puts players in control of the long lost spaceship/submarine hybrid, Argo9, and traverse the ancient ruins of human civilization at its technological, melancholy-infused peak.
The game challenges players to explore every nook and cranny in search of hidden passages and essential ship upgrades (such as boosters, extra armor, and weapons), while facing terrifying sea creatures and 10 intricately-designed boss fights that are a sight to behold.
Let curiosity be your guide on the inevitable voyage of extinction in The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human!
- Stunningly detailed pixel graphics
- 10 challenging, well-designed boss battles
- Hypnotic electronic score by composer Karl Flodin
- Modern take on the classic Metroidvania genre: Players can freely explore the world at their own pace
- Organic storytelling: Learn about the world through holo-tapes and information panels scattered around the environment
- Plausible plot driven by real-life issues: Explore the effects of climate change and technological progress
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human will run on Windows, Mac, and Linux through Steam and Itch.io — and will be available for a discounted price of $8.49 for the base game (and $12.74 for the deluxe edition) for its first week on Steam (January 19–25). [After the first week, the base game and deluxe edition will be sold for $9.99 and $14.99, respectively.]
The DELUXE EDITION includes:
- Pixel art map showing all boss locations
- Full soundtrack composed by Karl Flodin
- Digital booklet containing extra information about the game’s story, weapons, and upgrades
- Special edition desktop backgrounds