The Gears of War 4 August Update is here, and it brings new maps, events, and free credits for the “Summer of Gears”
From Press Email:
The next batch of content for “Gears of War 4” arrives today with the August Update.
Here’s a quick rundown of the August Update:
- New Maps
- Forge Blitz
- Forge Blitz is a tighter, faster pace evolution of the map Forge that builds upon the spirit of the original to create a map filled with new combat experiences. All of this action takes place in a sand-swept factory damaged over time by a Windflare, underneath a blazing hot desert sun.
- You never forget your first run to the Longshot on Canals – and that tense 1v1 showdown that follows. Canals returns in “Gears of War 4,” bringing back the classic triple bridge combat over a shallow canal that was a defining part of the original Gears of War Versus experience. Set in the city of Timgad in the dark of the night lit only by moonlight and street lamps, Canals oozes with that classic Gears of War ominous atmosphere.
- Forge Blitz
- Summer of Gears
- We’re celebrating summer in “Gears of War 4” Versus with an increase to the First Win of the Day Credit Bonus. Every day in August, your first win of the day is worth 500 Credits (an increase from the standard 100 Credits).
- In addition, the second season of the Gears Pro Circuit is on the way – and we’re preparing with Escalation Ring placement improvements to Diner, Impact, Lift and The Slab. These improvements were crafted with our Pro Players at a recent studio playtest, so jump in and check them out for yourself beginning today.
- New Events
- First up, this month’s Craftable Character is a blast from the past: Classic Commando Dom.
- Our monthly Versus and Horde events continue this month with a new Horde variant on August 18th and Classic One Shot One Kill on Canals on August 25th.
- If you’re a Horde fan, our latest Horde variant “Anything Goes” challenges is still active – and now, as of this update, you can play it whenever you want on any map in Private Match.