Developer: ASTRO Gaming
Publisher: ASTRO Gaming
Release Date: Oct 12, 2015
Available Platforms: Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4
Reviewed Platforms: Windows, Playstation 4
ASTRO Gaming is back with its third generation A40 headset. The TR in this ASTRO A40 is for “Tournament Ready”, meaning there’s nothing additional you need to buy or equip in order to take this headset for pro-level gaming. That doesn’t mean you have to be a tournament-level gaming to use and/or appreciate this headset. ASTRO Gaming makes great headsets, and are universally known as luxury/premium headsets, a fact that was proven while using them, but they are worth it for any gamer that appreciates great audio.
ASTRO Gaming, creators of premium video gaming equipment, today announced an exciting new partnership with Call of Duty: Black Ops III publisher Activision and its award-winning development studio, Treyarch. As part of the agreement, ASTRO Gaming’s new eSports products, which will be revealed at PAX Prime in Seattle August 28-31, have become the Official Audio Gaming Headsets of Call of Duty: Black Ops III.
ASTRO Gaming, creators of premium video gaming equipment, today announced the upcoming release of a special Halo 5: Guardians Edition A40+MixAmp™ M80 gaming headset. Officially licensed for the Xbox One, the new ASTRO A40+MixAmp M80 Halo 5: Guardians Edition features a custom dark chrome matte finish with metallic blue accents and a subtle yet striking Halo-inspired graphical treatment. With theASTRO A40+MixAmp M80 Halo 5: Guardians Edition, gamers can now enjoy audiophile-grade sound and an unprecedented level of control over their gaming audio environment as they experience the biggest Halo game yet in Halo 5: Guardians, available beginning October 27, 2015 exclusively for Xbox One.
Astro Gaming has been constantly updating and refining their product line in ways that make them incredibly comfortable and punchy in their audio delivery. Astro Gaming is incredibly dedicated to staying the best at what they do, and it shows in their sleek and powerful designs.
ASTRO Gaming, a division of Skullcandy, Inc. (Nasdaq: SKUL), and creators of premium video gaming equipment for professional gamers, today announced the launch of the ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition Wireless Gaming Headset for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. The ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition represents ASTRO Gaming’s first officially licensed Microsoft gaming headset and will feature a new custom color as well as graphics inspired by the highly anticipated Battlefield 4; audio profiles developed by DICE to deliver the game’s award-winning audio exactly as the studio intended; and, a set of exclusive, in-game ASTRO Gaming Dog Tags for Xbox 360 players. The ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition is now available at select retail stores nationwide and at www.astrogaming.com. Battlefield 4 will be available on October 29 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC; November 12 for the PlayStation 4 and on November 19 for the Xbox One.
“DICE’s Battlefield 4 is one of the few games today that mixes an incredibly diverse variety of highly immersive and critically important in-game sound effects and audio cues with the need for crystal clear voice communication. Battlefield 4’s need for spatial audio clarity is also second to none – hearing the People’s Liberation Army soldiers before they come around a corner, an incoming airstrike before it hits or the heavy armor before it crests a hill is paramount to success in Battlefield 4,” said Aron Drayer, Director of Marketing for ASTRO Gaming. “Our new ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition was designed from the ground up to handle everything Battlefield 4 can throw at you — from cutting edge KleerNet™ wireless to Dolby Surround Sound 5.1 to Game-to-Voice audio balance controls to custom EQ modes designed by DICE.”
ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition is ASTRO Gaming’s most technologically advanced product to date and innovates with a number of features, including: cutting-edge KleerNet™ 5.8GHz wireless technology dramatically increasing clarity and operating range; Dolby® Digital 5.1 surround sound for increased spatial accuracy and definition; embedded ASTRO MixAmp™ 5.8 the audio engine that seamlessly blends voice and game sounds; a long-lasting lithium-ion battery system rechargeable via USB; a uni-directional mic with flip-up mute; and, a discrete wireless transmitter that fits snugly within a stylish stand for easy recharging and display.
Based on ASTRO Gaming’s award-winning A50 wireless gaming headset, the ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition features include:
- ASTRO Audio Experience – Engineered specifically for gaming, ASTRO Audio delivers audiophile-grade sound in a richly detailed positional audio experience with three custom audio modes, including one developed by DICE to deliver the game’s audio exactly as the developer intended.
- Officially Licensed Xbox 360 Headset – Designed specifically for the Xbox 360, the ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition will provide hours of game playing excitement with superior fit and comfort as well as premium audio tuning for Xbox 360.
- Multiplatform Home Entertainment Headset – While built for extended hours of Battlefield 4 playing, the ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition also excels at home theater movie watching and music listening and works just as seamlessly with PlayStation 3, PC, Mac and more.
- Built-in ASTRO MixAmp™ 5.8 – The ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition puts the audio authority at your fingertips, with integrated wireless MixAmp™ 5.8 technology with embedded controls for Master Volume and Game-to-Voice balancing making all critical audio options available for on-the-fly adjustments.
- KleerNet™ 5.8GHz Wireless Technology – Operating at a higher frequency than most wireless devices, the ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition provides clarity and range with less interference using the best 5.8 chipset available today. Point to Multipoint – pair multiple ASTRO A50 headsets with a single transmitter. Totally uncompressed, lossless, and lag free.
- Dolby® 5.1 Surround Sound – Hear the details you’re missing with pinpoint spatial accuracy and crystal clear definition.
- Embedded Battery & Display Stand – Lithium-ion battery system rechargeable via USB. Show-off and charge your ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition on the included display stand.
- Custom Color and Finish – The ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition features a unique color and graphic treatment inspired by Battlefield 4.
- Exclusive In-Game Item – Xbox 360 players will receive an exclusive in-game item – a set of ASTRO Gaming Dog Tags.
In addition, ASTRO Gaming also revealed the release of a limited edition set of Battlefield 4 speaker tags for the studio’s award-winning A40 Audio System. Developed alongside DICE, the ASTRO Gaming Battlefield 4 speaker tags will feature artwork pulled directly from the game to ensure an authentic and iconic representation of the latest entry in the Battlefield series.
ASTRO Gaming speaker tags provide customers with an opportunity to truly personalize their listening experience with magnetically interchangeable custom-made art designed specifically for the studio’s award-winning A40 headsets. ASTRO headset owners can create their own speaker tags using the ASTRO Customizer or choose from dozens of pre-existing and highly stylish tags, including several eye-catching series by Upper Playground, iam8bit, Penny Arcade and more.
ASTRO Gaming Battlefield 4 speaker tags are available now for $24.99 directly through the company website at http://www.astrogaming.com. A Battlefield 4 bundle including the ASTRO A40 Audio System and the Battlefield 4 speaker tags is also available for $259.99.
The ASTRO Gaming A50 Battlefield 4™ Edition is now available at select retailers nationwide and directly through the studio’s website at http://www.astrogaming.com for $299.99. Additional ASTRO Gaming products can be found at select Best Buy, Gamestop and Microsoft Stores nationwide and online. For more information about ASTRO Gaming or the studio’s customizable speaker tags, please visit www.astrogaming.com
ASTRO Gaming, a division of Skullcandy, and creators of premium video gaming equipment for professional gamers, has announced that the studio is supporting the upcoming launch of Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed III on October 30 with six sets of exclusively designed speakers tags for its award-winning ASTRO A30 and A40 Audio Systems. Developed with direct input from Ubisoft, the ASTRO Gaming Assassin’s Creed III speaker tags will feature artwork pulled directly from the game to ensure an authentic and iconic representation of the latest entry in the Assassin’s Creed universe.
“ASTRO Gaming has entirely reinvented what gamers today can expect from a modern gaming headset. Whether it’s our mobile-fluent and street-savvy ASTRO A30 or our professional grade, audiophile quality ASTRO A40, our headsets and speaker tags deliver unsurpassed audio fidelity, vocal clarity and customizable style,” said Brett Lovelady, Founder of ASTRO Gaming. “In the same way, Ubisoft has completely redefined action gaming with the Assassin’s Creed franchise. And, we’re thrilled to be able to offer our fans an opportunity to deck out their cans and show their support for one of the most exciting releases of the year – Assassin’s Creed III.”
ASTRO Gaming speaker tags provide customers with an opportunity to truly personalize their listening experience with magnetically interchangeable custom-made art designed specifically for the studio’s award-winning A30 and A40 headsets. ASTRO headset owners can create their own speaker tags using the ASTRO Customizer or choose from dozens of pre-existing and highly stylish tags, including several eye-catching series by Upper Playground, iam8bit, Penny Arcade and more.
[box_light]ASTRO Gaming Assassin’s Creed III speaker tags are available now directly through the company website at www.astrogaming.com – three sets for the ASTRO A30 for $19.99 each and three sets for the ASTRO A40 at $24.99 each. Bundles including the ASTRO A30 and A40 Audio Systems and the Assassin’s Creed III speaker tags are also available for $209.99 and $259.99, respectively. [/box_light]
ASTRO Gaming, a division of Skullcandy, Inc. (Nasdaq: SKUL), and creators of premium video gaming equipment for professional and hardcore gamers, today announced a major update to two of the brand’s most innovative and best-selling products with 2013 editions of the ASTRO A40 Pro Gaming Headset and the ASTRO MixAmp™ Pro.
The 2013 Edition of the ASTRO A40 Headset features an update to the company’s highly popular Quick Disconnect Cabling System as well as re-tuned drivers and enclosures that make the audiophile-grade headset the most accurate and detailed ASTRO Gaming has ever produced, with improved low-end response and less distortion at peak volume.
2013 Edition ASTRO A40 Headset Features Include:
- New Quick Disconnect Cabling System: Updated version of the ASTRO Quick Disconnect system, offering the same flexibility of using multiple cable types and lengths, but now plugging directly into the headset via a 3.5mm 4-pole jack instead of the oiriginal mid-cable release. This increases reliability and durability while also making it easier to change to preferred cable lengths and update cables as desired.
- Best Sounding ASTRO Headsets Ever: The 2013 Edition ASTRO A40 has re-tuned drivers and enclosures with improved low-end response and less distortion at high volumes making them the most accurate ASTRO headsets ever
- ASTRO Audio Experience – Engineered specifically for gaming, ASTRO Audio delivers audiophile-grade sound in a richly detailed positional audio experience. ASTRO A40 headsets are designed for extended game playing, movie watching and music listening sessions with superior fit and finish.
- Removable Mic System: The ASTRO A40 feature a removable boom mic that can be removed and swapped from ear to ear.
- Dolby ® Digital 7.1 Surround Sound: ASTRO 40 headsets deliver pinpoint spatial accuracy and crystal clear definition with Dolby ® Digital 5.1 and 7.1 Surround Sound decoding providing more immersive gaming, movie and music experiences.
- Customizable Speaker Tags: ASTRO A40 features a magnetic, removable and customizable Speaker Tag system. Tags can be designed online to create a unique look for teams, clans, guilds or simply for pure personal expression.
- Multi-System Compatibility: ASTRO products are compatible with any platform you choose to game on. Whether it’s Xbox 360, PS3, PC, Mac, or a mobile platform, ASTRO headsets will provide superior audio performance and vocal fidelity.
The cutting edge 2013 Edition ASTRO MixAmp™ Pro raises the bar once again with a host of new features, including: custom audio profiles; a new streaming out capability allowing gamers to incorporate Game Sound and Voice Chat directly into their livestreams; and, a smaller, more portable form factor for easier transportation to and from LAN and Pro Gaming events. …continue reading » Astro Gaming announces 2013 Editions of A40 Headset and MixAmp Pro