A decade ago, Nival cemented itself as a leader in strategy gaming with the launch of its now-classic Blitzkrieg series, which has won more than forty awards, including numerous Game of the Year and Editor’s Choice accolades. Today, Nival unveils Blitzkrieg 3, the next title in the acclaimed series, coming to PC and Mac in early 2015. Blitzkrieg 3 paints a realistic picture of World War II – away from the realm of politics or ideology, focused on the battles that ultimately shaped the world we live in today. …continue reading » Blitzkrieg 3 announced by Nival, intends to “reinvent real-time strategy”
Our friends at Evolve PR have given us SEVEN codes to Redeem on GOG.com for the Blitzkrieg 10th Anniversary Pack. The pack includes Blitzkrieg Anthology and Blitzkrieg 2 Anthology.
What it is: March into the real-time strategy legend, Blitzkrieg, and prepare for war. This legendary WWII RTS blends unprecedented realism and accuracy to form immersive 3D backgrounds and a game where brute force often takes a back seat to strategy and wits.
- Flexible campaign structure that frees you from standard difficulty and level settings
- Historically accurate campaigns where you lead the Allies, Germans or Soviets through actual WWII battles in real time
- Mission and Resource editors let you create new campaigns, chapters and missions as well as completely modify the game environment and units
- Realistically rendered 3D terrain including over 350 various buildings and objects
- Command over 200 types of military vehicles and equipment and more than 40 different infantry units that interact naturally, based on their actual physical properties and characteristics.
- Build bridges, dig trenches and pits, lay mines, resupply and repair units and call in air support when needed
- Battles feature different seasons, climate zones, and weather conditions that affect game play
On March 28, 2003, Moscow based Nival released the first Blitzkrieg game. The work of a team of one hundred people, it became a landmark in the real-time strategy and World War II gaming, with its focus on historical accuracy with fast gameplay.
This original Blitzkrieg became the foundation for more than twenty commercial games from other developers, many diving even deeper into the greatest battles of WW2. From the sprawling and bloody turning point of Stalingrad to the exhausting and frozen Talvisota on the Finnish front, developers and fans have used the Blitzkrieg games as the starting point for vivid game-based portrayals of history’s greatest conflict. Even today, countless user mods are being developed and improved – a decade long community project that is a point of pride for Nival and the Blitzkrieg team.
To celebrate Blitzkrieg’s ten year anniversary, both Blitzkrieg Anthology and Blitzkrieg 2: Anthology are being discounted 60% on GOG.com until March, 31st.
Ten years is a natural moment to celebrate a landmark in game history, but this is not simply living in the past. For the Blitzkrieg series, this is just a beginning…