The Edge of Space Tier Three content update has launched with the long-awaited inclusion of the new PIOS (Power Input Output System). This foundational system provides power advancements needed to build your ultimate base of operations. Improved user-friendly functions and tool tips make integrating PIOS extremely simple and opens the door for cool architecture in future updates including trap devices and travel tubes to different base areas. …continue reading » Edge of Space updates with “Tier Three”
HandyMan Studios revealed today the latest trailer for its upcoming survival and exploration game, Edge of Space. Set in the distant future, four technology conglomerates control the galaxy in a competitive corporatocracy, and Edge of Space players are thrust into the recruit boots for one such company ArkCo. The new video introduces the so-called “ArkCo Operatives” — men and women on the cutting edge of interstellar expedition — who are trained in exploration and survival skills as much as deep-space mining and extraterrestrial combat.
This weekend is PAX East and lucky attendees will have access to exclusive new games and titles, including the upcoming spacefaring adventure title Edge of Space (Booth #1048). For those unable to join the hordes in Boston, MA, HandyMan Studios and Reverb Publishing are opening the Edge of Space floodgates with a free PAX Beta weekend.
From March 22 through March 24, players will be able to join their convention brethren and take part in the game many are calling “Terraria in space.” Interested players can follow this link to gain a Beta code: playedgeofspace.com/free-beta-
Edge of Space challenges players to build, create, mold, and fight to survive in the deepest, darkest, weirdest, and possibly most interesting part of the universe. With thousands of players already taking part in the ongoing Beta, now is the perfect time to explore the unknown thrills and dangers found in Edge of Space.
See the latest trailer on Greenlight here: steamcommunity.com/
Players can purchase Edge of Space for a discounted pre-order price of $9.99 before it shifts to $14.99 at the game’s launch at Desura (www.desura.com/games/edge-of-
This weekend, starting on 7 pm EST, Friday, March 8 through 7 pm EST, Sunday, March 10, players can join in a free beta experience for the spacefaring adventure title Edge of Space. Edge of Space challenges players to build, create, mold, and fight to survive in the deepest, darkest, weirdest, and possibly most interesting part of the universe. With thousands of players already taking part in the on-going beta, now is the perfect time to explore the unknown thrills and dangers found in Edge of Space.
Interested? Follow this link to download an Edge of Space beta code: www.playedgeofspace.com/
Reverb Publishing and HandyMan Studios is pleased to release the official box art and screenshots for upcoming sandbox survival adventure game Edge of Space. Available now in beta, players can purchase Edge of Space for a discount pre-order price of $9.99 before it shifts to $14.99 with launch.
Edge of Space is an open-world, dynamically-generated sandbox survival-adventure game set in deep space where humans were ever meant to travel. The entire game is built from the ground-up with multiplayer in mind, and the reactive environments ensure that all activities (crafting, building, setting traps, healing, etc.) are fast-paced and intense.
Edge of Space has been is on Valve’s Steam Greenlight project (steamcommunity.com/
Happy New Year, ArkCoNauts! Come celebrate 2013 with Edge of Space, the 2D sandbox title that recruits players to join spacefaring organization ArkCo, and journey onto an intrepid adventure to the cusp of the galaxy. Edge of Space is changing rapidly with each new patch, introducing new features that challenge and inspire players to creatively terraform a planet. Even Terrerria developer Andrew Spinks is talking about it! Read up on all of these new updates for Edge of Space below:
- Power Supply – A car won’t run if it doesn’t have any gas, and the same applies to the tools and items of Edge of Space. Via a simple drag-and-drop system, ArkCoNauts will need to run electrical cables from generators to power their creations, everything from light sources to factories. It’s a simple system with a vast array of uses, and players will be rewarded for clever design and creativity as they build and power their extra planetary base.
- Crafting – As players explore the planets of Edge of Space, they will mine and collect minerals and other resources. Thanks to Edge of Space’s flexible crafting system, players will transform minerals into various usable resources to create weapons, armor, generators, storage, decorations, and more. Of course, they’ll need the collectable schematics – blueprints that facilitate the creation of these varied items. These are found on enemies and through exploration, and function as a reward for dedicated play.
- Armor – While all ArkCoNauts are granted standard issue space armor, sartorially-inclined players will be quick to deck their character out with distinct armor that helps their ArkCoNaut stand out from the rest of the pack. Perfect for multiplayer sessions, armor can be created or earned, and will soon provide gameplay assistance through stat boosts.
These new features have rapidly changed the way players can explore and transform the planets they discover. Edge of Space is an open-world, dynamically-generated sandbox game set in an area of deep space where humans have never wanted or were ever meant to travel. The entire game was built from the ground-up with multiplayer in mind, and the reactive environments ensure that all activities (crafting, building, setting traps, healing, etc.) are fast-paced and intense.
Edge of Space can be purchased at Desura and RainDG. Edge of Space has been submitted to Valve’s Steam Greenlight Project (steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92913728 ), enabling members of the Steam community to vote for games that they’d like to see available on the service. For more information on Steam Greenlight, please visit www.steamcommunity.com/greenlight. For more information on Edge of Space, visit the game’s official Website: www.playedgeofspace.com/.
Felix Baumgartner isn’t the only person that can head into space – now you can too! Handyman Studios and Reverb Publishing announced today that their stellar upcoming 2D sandbox Edge of Space is now available for pre-order from Rain Digital Games (http://www.raindg.com/title/
Edge of Space is an open-world, dynamically-generated sandbox game set in an area of deep space where humans have never wanted, or were ever meant to, travel. The entire game was built from the ground-up with multiplayer in mind, and the reactive environments ensure that all activities (crafting, building, setting traps, healing, etc.) are fast-paced and intense. Other features of Edge of Space include:
- Vaulted server-stored characters
- Mega-deep exploration elements and ultra-rare items to seek out to help you dominate your world
- A wide choice of vehicles, armors, weapons and variations of each to suit your method of play
- Hordes of enemies and epic bosses: Enemies that have unique attack patterns and different vulnerabilities to exploit. One weapon will not rule them all!
- Integrated IRC chat client grants gamers complete freedom to talk with friends, whether or not they’re currently in the game
- Deep crafting system unique to the genre
- Reactive environment: As you do things, the world will change and respond to those actions
- Co-op weapons: When used in tandem or combo-ing with your friends create unique effects
- Fully-modifiable world
- Do everything with your friends
- More to come…
Reverb Publishing has announced that it will be publishing developer Handyman Studios’ upcoming sci-fi 2D sandbox terraforming adventure game, Edge of Space. Having recently reached successful funding on Kickstarter and set in the vast reaches of outer space, Edge of Space invites players to explore a dynamic open-world sandbox, building, creating, molding, and working to survive in the deepest, darkest, weirdest, and possibly most interesting part of the known universe.
“Handyman Studios is thrilled to be working on our dream project of melding the vast reaches of outer space with terraforming, survival, and sandbox exploration,” said Jake Crane, founder and CEO of Handyman Studios. “Teaming up with Reverb on realizing our fantasies of cybernetically-enhanced laser sharks in space is definitely awesome.”