Here are the details of the update, which is now available on Steam:
- Multiplayer is now available for all users
- Main Menu updated with new functionality
- Visual and Gameplay options added to Main Menu
- Store redesigned
- Skis now use both left and right graphics
- You can now customize your character while in-game
- Session Markers have been implemented
- New in-air rotation system
- Rework persistent player profile
- Improved half-pipe gameplay
- In-game UI and Spawn Selection have been updated to a new style
You can play SNOW now in a variety of tiers starting at $14.99 here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/244930/
Independent developer Poppermost Productions will be at Gamescom to showcase SNOW, the first free-to-play, open-world winter sports game that gives players the chance to freely explore a massive mountain environment on skis or snowboard – alone or with friends.
Competitive players may take part in solo or multiplayer events and challenges all over the mountain to unlock special items and earn a place on global leaderboards. Throughout it all, players can customize their character through SNOW’s in-game store, with access to entire catalogues of over a dozen real-world brands. With the game set for an Alpha release later this year, Poppermost will be demoing the game behind closed doors for preview purposes.
In addition to demonstrating the latest progress with the game, Poppermost will also delve deeper into their work with Crytek and CryENGINE 3 as an indie developer. Poppermost, which consists of a three-man team, will also provide unique insights into the challenges of bringing their open world game to life.
In addition, what is typically associated with big publisher-driven titles, Poppermost has been able to cross industry lines to partner with the biggest winter sports athletes and brands.