Square Enix, Inc., the publishers of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, today announced that TOMB RAIDER®developer, Crystal Dynamics, has released the system requirements for the PC version of the eagerly anticipated game; scheduled for release on March 5, 2013 in line with Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.
The PC version of TOMB RAIDER has been developed in tandem between Crystal Dynamics and long-time partner Nixxes; a collaboration that has spanned over a dozen PC titles and dates back fifteen years.
Jurjen Katsman, director of Nixxes stated, “The team at Crystal intended to make the game of their careers and we are extremely proud of the part we have played in the project’s development.”
TOMB RAIDER for PCs has been extensively optimized to heighten the gameplay experience; with the goal of taking advantage of the PC platform. Enhanced features include: full integration with Steamworks, increased detail tessellation, improved SSAO and post-filter effects, and very high resolution textures, shadows and cloths.
“AMD Graphics and Crystal Dynamics have partnered to capture the realism of one of video gaming’s most iconic characters, Lara Croft of the TOMB RAIDER franchise,” said Matt Skynner, corporate vice president and general manager, AMD Graphics. “By leveraging the power of AMD Radeon™ and Graphics Core Next, Lara and her environment have come to life like never before.”
Additionally, for PCs that are capable, the game will support AMD HD3D and AMD Eyefinity technologies, the latter of which allows up to six simultaneous displays off a single graphics card.
The game’s enhanced features on the PC version include:
• Full integration with Steamworks to offer cloud storage for saves, multiplayer matchmaking, achievements, as well as automatic updates and new content.
• Support for Steam Big Picture Mode.
• Configurable mouse and keyboard support.
• Gamepad support.
• Very high resolution textures with up to 16x the amount of data
• Detail Tessellation to enhance the detail on many surfaces in the game
• Higher quality shadows
• High quality bokeh depth of field with near-blur
• Tessellation algorithms used to smooth out geometry
• Improved cloth, SSAO, quality wetness effects, and post-filter effects.
• LOD quality is adjustable for better quality on higher-end machines.
• Crystal cares about TR fans being able to run on older systems, unlike many other games they still support Windows XP.
• A lot of scalability options to suit a range of machines.
Darrell Gallagher, studio head of Crystal Dynamics commented: “With over a decade of experience working alongside AMD and Nixxes at Crystal Dynamics alone, we had rock solid partners on board to create a superb TOMB RAIDER experience for PC gamers around the world. At Crystal we approach each of our projects with the sole intention of creating the best possible consumer experience for that format, and we are proud to have worked alongside two great partners who hold the very same values.” …continue reading » TOMB RAIDER PC Requirements get Detailed