WoW Rage of the Firelands aka Patch 4.2 now live!
The second content update for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (which is free), known as: Rage of the Firelands (or Patch 4.2), is now live:
- – New raids (for Firelands)!
- – New armor (for Firelands)!
- – New achievements!
- – New legendary quests!
- – PvP enters Season 10
- – User-interface enhancements such as the Dungeon Journal
- – New daily quests
- – All Valor Points will be coverted to Justice Points (up to 4000 point maximum)
- – Balance changes
- – Much more, read the official Patch Notes
The World of Warcraft trial system has changed. Renamed to World of Warcraft Starter Edition as it enters an “endless trial”. What has changed with this update includes:
- – Removed 10 and 14-day trial periods
- – Now you can play the base game (excluding Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm) for free up to a maximum level of 20
- – This includes the Draenei and Blood Elf characters
- – Expired trial accounts can now be brought back to life and play the Starter Edition wherever they may have left off previously
Now say you want to dive in without being a “Starter”. You can now go to the Blizzard Store and get the new digital Battle Chest and get the original World of Warcraft and it’s very first expansion: The Burning Crusade for $19.99. Additionally, anyone who owns the original World of Warcraft (perhaps you received a free copy), will automatically be able to access all of the content and features from The Burning Crusade expansion at no additional cost.