Aug 09, 2014
How To Play the X-Wing Series on a Modern Windows PC with a gamepad or flight stick
Mouse & Keyboard Support
Unfortunately, The Windows versions of these games require a joystick/gamepad to play. However, you can use a freeware program called PPJoy to emulate and map a Joystick’s controls onto your keyboard and/or mouse. However, PPJoy is not actively in development anymore, and has become hard to find on the Internet after the shutdown of major filesharing sites.
This forum post from the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Forums gives instructions on how to run X-Wing Alliance using TrackIR.
Table of Contents
- X-Wing (1998)
- X-Wing (1994 DOS CD-ROM Edition)
- Tie Fighter (1998)
- Tie Fighter (1995 DOS CD-ROM Edition)
- Tie Fighter Reconstructed (restore DOS soundtrack on Windows version!)
- X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter: Balance of Power Campaign
- X-Wing Alliance
- Keyboard, Mouse & TrackIR Support+
- Troubleshooting Installation & Windows 8 Solutions
Contact the author at @AbdulBCRT on Twitter if there are any issues with the guide.