From Press Release:
RALEIGH, NC – April 9, 2018 – WELCOME TO THE BATTLE ROYALE WITH CHEESE. Today Boss Key Productions announces Radical Heights, a new free-to-play game the studio will self-publish on STEAM in “X-TREME” Early Access on April 10. In Radical Heights, shooting skills matter for survival, but also the search for prizes and cash players can collect to spend on weapons and items. Take the cash you find with you from match to match and use it how you see fit. It’s a scavenger hunt survival shooter where cash is king .
“This is a five month passion project for the studio as we’re creating and publishing the game entirely by ourselves,” said Zach Lowery, Radical Heights Creative Director. “We’re huge fans of Battle Royale games along with the bright, inviting irreverence of the 80’s aesthetic. Because of that, we want to put our own spin on the genre and create a futuristic 80’s world that takes place in 2023 during an over-the-top game show where contestants battle it out for fame and prizes”. Aside from the bodacious gunplay and ability to pull off some awesome BMX tricks, the game features:
- Play for Free: Jump into Radical Heights and just play! You don’t need to worry about having your gameplay experience sullied by pay-to-win mechanics. All of Radical Height’s bodacious items are cosmetic only, with no gameplay advantages!
- Dynamic Game Show Moments: Spin the wheel! Open that prize door! Go for a cash-grab! Or… wait until another contestant does, take aim and fire away to snag all the cash & prizes for yourself. Each game of Radical Heights is completely different, as unique Game Show moments occur at random. Take a chance – it might just pay off.
- Cash is King: Only in Radical Heights does in-game cash you find carry over into future matches. Play matches, collect cash, kill contestants, interact with game show elements and more to buy cosmetics from your personal prize room, or put some of that sweet
cash in your bank to help buy a weapon next match quicker than your opponents. The choice is yours.
- …Those Wonderful Toys!: Time to get creative. Employ the use of ridiculous gadgets to get the edge on other contestants, ranging from workout trampolines to confetti bombs, inflatable decoys to remote explosives and more. Now that’s entertainment!
- Survive & Thrive: The more you play, the more cash you get and the more FAMOUS you become. Spend that cash on hundreds of items and unlockables you’ll find in the world of Radical Heights, from pink fishnet gloves to parachute pants, custom kill-cards and more. Explore each game, find ‘em, add them to your prize room and then customize to your heart’s content.
- Help Develop The Game!: In “X-TREME” Early Access, you shape the future of Radical Heights. With ongoing content updates, patches and real-time feedback implementation, the community helps guide development decisions during the game’s journey to a future release.
Radical Heights is the FREE PVP Early Access scavenger hunt survival shooter. Partake in high-stakes battle royale gunplay in a sunny SoCal dome as contestants drive-by on a BMX bikes or stalk other contestants from the shadows in search for weapons and prizes…but also CASH that you can bank – win or lose! Whether they spend that cash on righteous customization in your personal prize room or pull it from an ATM to purchase weapons early in the next game — building a wealth of cash is as important as taking down the competition in this irreverent 80’s action game show where everyone wants to be rich and famous.
Radical Heights will launch on STEAM in “X-Treme” Early Access April 10. The title is free-to-play with no gameplay-altering microtransactions. Players can purchase RAD GEMS with real currency to buy in-game cosmetics, or collect in-game cash to purchase when found in the game world. Founder’s Packs of the game will also be available for those who want exclusive items and bonuses not available anywhere else for $14.99.
For more information on Radical Heights visit: radicalheights.com and follow @radical_heights @bosskey on Twitter.