From Press Release:
17 MAY 2018 — Dystopian sci-fi RPG, INSOMNIA: The Ark, from publisher HeroCraft and developer Studio Mono, will release later in 2018. Today, a brand new trailer has been revealed, showcasing the game’s arresting dieselpunk world and the progress that has been made since its successful Kickstarter campaign.
The Russian publisher and developer also today launch an exclusive closed beta for Kickstarter backers, who helped the game raise almost $100,000 back in 2014. A larger closed beta is planned for later in the summer.
INSOMNIA: The Ark is a complex story-driven RPG that takes place on a colossal space metropolis brimming with the secrets of a long-gone civilization. The world is populated by the descents of a once powerful race called Nomah, who abandoned their home planet ablazed by war. Awakening in the adaptation chamber during your recovery from the Great Sleep, you learn of a large-scale terrorist attack. But as you will soon discover, the attack might be the least of your worries…
Develop your character, explore lovingly handcrafted locations, interact with peculiar NPCs and factions all in a rich and atmospheric universe.
Anatoly Nekrasov, CEO and Lead Developer of Studio Mono, said: “It’s our first project, our beloved child. We’ve been developing INSOMNIA for nine years, and finally we’re almost there! We’re delighted to present the game to our biggest fans from Kickstarter. The game has been altered several times, we’ve changed concepts, plot and mechanics, but we’ve attempted to save the unique visual style and deep dystopian atmosphere.”
INSOMNIA: The Ark will release for PC later in 2018.
- Exploration is rewarding… and dangerous. Search for valuable technology and resources in the confines of Object 6. Pay attention – INSOMNIA‘s nuanced world can conceal unexpected quests from treacherous characters, as well as savage enemies and deadly hazards. Hunger, thirst, fatigue and hostile environments will be your main companions throughout this journey.
- Personalized journey. Break free from character classes and unwanted grind with a flexible perk system combined with a huge amount of craftable items and equipment for an experience unique to every player.
- Your choices matter. INSOMNIA offers an intricate, non-linear storyline with ‘points of no return’. Navigate a system of thorny relations with characters and factions and make tough decisions that affect the game world. Each major problem can be solved using a variety of different (and sometimes unexpected) solutions.
- Strategic real-time combat. INSOMNIA features both close and ranged combat, as well as destroyable covers. Choose your gear wisely – every armor and weapon type in the game has its own tactical virtues and shortcomings.
- A rich universe. Experience the game’s rich lore through retro-futuristic noir visuals with elements of dieselpunk. Witness man-made apocalyptic landscapes imbued with a dark noir jazz soundtrack and echoes of a decaying civilization.