From Press Release:
BAFTA award-winning designer Jon Shafer today announced Conifer Games will release Jon Shafer’s At the Gates on Steam and the official AtG website on January 23rd, 2019. The game incorporates roguelike elements into 4X grand strategy and aims to provide a fresh new experience for fans of the genre. Shafer will be attending PAX South and available to conduct interviews.
“I’ve always been driven to innovate with my games and At the Gates is no exception”, Shafer said. “The genre has gotten a bit stale but it still has enormous potential, and that’s what I’m aiming to tap into by mixing roguelike elements into the classic 4X grand strategy formula.”
Features of Jon Shafer’s At the Gates:
- An Evolving Map – Seasons and weather dramatically transform the landscape around you. The river that served as a barrier in the summer might become a highway for your enemies!
- Manage Clan Personalities – Each of your clans has unique traits and desires. Choose what you do with them carefully.
- Roguelike Elements – Resources run out, and you need to always be on the lookout for more. Your neighbors can be immensely strong and require tip-toeing around. It won’t be easy, or even fair.
- Watercolor Art Style – A beautiful watercolor landscape serves as a canvas for your clever economic and military strategies.
- Tooltips-in-Tooltips! – AtG features a revolutionary user interface which utilizes “tooltips-in-tooltips” for the very first time, making it vastly easier to learn the game without sacrificing any complexity.
Watch the new At the Gates trailer — https://bit.ly/2QNWkUo