From Press Release:
SAN FRANCISCO – Jan. 24, 2018 – Splitgate: Arena Warfare, the fast-paced multiplayer shooter that uses player-controlled portals to create a new dimension of arena combat, takes one step closer to launch with improvements and enhancements to core features just in time for a Closed Alpha test this weekend. As highlighted by an all-new trailer, 1047 Games has revamped four Splitgate: Arena Warfare maps, enhanced the animation system, implemented major audio improvements and added character and gun skin customization.
Players already confirmed for Splitgate: Arena Warfare’s pre-alpha are guaranteed a spot to experience the game’s upgrades first-hand during the planned playtest from 12 p.m. PST on Saturday, Jan. 26 to 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, Jan. 27. New players can sign up to join the Closed Alpha test here.
Developed by 1047 Games, Splitgate: Arena Warfare evokes memories of the most revered shooters of the past two decades, embracing the classic and familiar feel of arena warfare while adding a multi-directional twist. The portal mechanic in Splitgate: Arena Warfare adds a never-before-seen spatial wrinkle to the arena shooter setting, encouraging and rewarding constant movement as players strategically place portals to flank, flee or fly through the air to create incredible, previously-impossible moments.
The Jan. 26-27 Closed Alpha playtest for Splitgate: Arena Warfare features the following:
- Reimagined Maps – Helix, Olympus, Outpost and Club Silo maps have been retooled to showcase the vibrant visual and user interface upgrades. The newest map, Club Silo, is a disco night club with long corridors that open to several multilevel atriums begging for swift portal movement and frenzied firefights;
- Realistic Animation System – Splitgate: Arena Warfare’s animation techniques are designed to directly affect gameplay in several ways. Players can identify weapons according to model size and unique holding position. Character models will now realistically lean into turns, interact with the environment based on intuitive physics and even change direction differently depending on which foot is forward;
- Precision Sound Identification System – With the help of Los Angeles’ Mad Monkey Audio, 1047 Games has enhanced Splitgate: Arena Warfare’s sound system, taking full advantage of Unreal Engine’s audio system to provide precise location detection for in-game sounds. Players will notice subtle changes to the pitch of specific sounds, differentiating enemy and friendly movement. Audio prioritization intelligently increases or muffles sounds based on importance to the player, such as louder enemy gunshots versus hushed friendly footsteps;
- Character and Skin Customization – The addition of customizable armor options, colors and weapon skins gives players even more ways to personalize their Splitgate: Arena Warfare experience;
- Savage Rail Gun – An all new Rail Gun is a devastating weapon for players, harkening back to classic arena shooters. A fully-charged shot can obliterate opponents in one hit;
- Team SWAT – Players can now compete head-to-head in Team SWAT game mode. Limited to only battle rifles and pistols, players should not expect armor to save them from extreme damage multipliers and headshot kills.
The expansive update for Splitgate: Arena Warfare goes live at 12 p.m. PST on Jan. 26 for Closed Alpha test players around the world participating in this weekend’s playtest, which runs through 11:59 p.m. PST on Jan. 27. Players interested in participating in the Closed Alpha test can sign up for consideration here.
For more information on Splitgate: Arena Warfare:
- Visit the official 1047 Games website
- Join the Splitgate: Arena Warfare Discord community here
- Download image assets here
- Follow Splitgate: Arena Warfare on Twitter
- Like Splitgate: Arena Warfare on Facebook
- Double tap Splitgate: Arena Warfare content on Instagram
- Watch Splitgate: Arena Warfare videos on YouTube
- Tune in for Splitgate: Arena Warfare live steams on Twitch