From Press Release:
When Drill Knight and his dastardly digging crew blast apart Shovel Knight’s peaceful campsite and steal his loot, he grabs his trusty Shovel Blade and starts tunneling after them! Meet new friends and foes, visit strange lands, and outfit yourself in your quest to keep the entire land from collapsing underfoot! Jump, slash, and dig your way down an ever-changing chasm of mystery in Shovel Knight Dig, an all-new Shovel Knight adventure!
- An all-new presentation featuring a new Shovel Knight story! When Drill Knight and his dastardly digging crew blast apart Shovel Knight’s peaceful campsite and steal his loot, he grabs his trusty Shovel Blade and starts tunneling after them!
- The first Shovel Knight adventure in glorious high color pixel graphics and sound. Fluid animation, scaling, rotation, and parallax create the most convincing Shovel Knight world yet!
- Every adventure is different! Shovel Knight Dig levels have been meticulously crafted, then stitched together using proprietary generation techniques for infinite replayability.
- Jump, slash, and dig your way in an all-new direction – down! Rely on your trusty Shovel Drop, then dig through huge swaths of dirt with all-new Speed Shovel mechanics.
- Grow in power and wealth as you descend into the depths of the earth. Emerge with untold riches to outfit Shovel Knight further, unlocking permanent items and upgrades to your Shoveling equipment.
- New Knights, new characters, and new enemies abound, but fear not! Shovel Knight Dig features Shovel Knight’s signature storytelling, humor, and maybe even some familiar faces…
- Another pulse-pounding soundtrack in a new style by astonishing virtuoso Jake Kaufman!
- The first collaboration between Yacht Club Games and Nitrome, pixel masters!
Wow! We hope you’re ready for this explosion of Shovel Knight content. King of Cards, Showdown, Dig, Dungeon Duels, amiibo content, new features…so much stuff! King of Cards, Showdown, and the amiibo 3-pack will all release on ALL platforms in December. As always:
- King of Cards and Showdown will be available as a free update to existing owners of Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove. They will also be available as standalone games on Switch,PS4, and PC/Mac/Linux
- Showdown will not be available on portable platforms: 3DS and Vita
There’s still so much news to drop on all these items over the coming months. And remember, we’ll be at PAX West demoing:
- Shovel Knight Dig
- Shovel Knight Showdown
- Shovel Knight: King of Cards
- Cyber Shadow.
Please stop by, say hello, and check out all the fun games!