Feb 04, 2020
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock prepares for the Ghost Fleet Offensive in new DLC on February 25th
From Press Release:
Killing Toasters is good, catching them off guard is even better. After the fascinating Resurrection DLC, Season 2 of Battlestar Galactica Deadlock’s new campaign brings ten more exciting missions: this time, the Colonial fleet will sneak under the DRADIS radar and strike the Cylons where it hurts most, behind enemy lines. Players will take control of the Ghost Fleet, as seen in the TV show prequel Blood and Chrome, and lead the offensive deep into enemy territory where Toaster bases are sitting undefended like robotic ducks.
Simultaneously with the Ghost Fleet Offensive DLC release, a new free update will be available for all Battlestar Galactica Deadlock players: the Fleet Admiral update. This introduces a new level, difficult for the even most experienced fleet commander, as well as the Cinematic Browser that lets the player watch campaign cutscenes, plus UI enhancements and the ability to assign the flagship of each Colonial fleet.
Released in 2017 on PC, Battlestar Galactica Deadlock has been critically acclaimed – it was one of the ten Best Strategy Games for Venture Beat in the same year and it still has a “Very positive” rating on Steam for users’ reviews.
After the PC version success, Slitherine published the game on Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox One and Nintendo Switch, and 5 more DLCs featuring new starships and starfighters, new gameplay modes, and additional missions.
- Colonial Orion – Recon Frigate. A light frigate equipped with an experimental suite of ECM jamming and stealth technologies. Able to protect itself from hostile DRADIS sensors, the Orion can lie in wait, maneuver to the perfect torpedoing angle, and then speed away while its stealth battery recharges.
- Colonial Defender – Support Specialist. A support ship of Gemenese origin, the Defender is a mobile marine detachment platform. The Raptors from the Defender can both bolster the marine defense of friendly ships that have been boarded, and provide technical support to boost the strength of ally subsystems. Based on the ship design by Todd Boyce, used with permission.
- Cylon Medusa – Central Command. A technologically advanced command ship lined with point defense cannons, the Medusa is capable of overclocking the subsystems of multiple ships with its advanced transmission arrays. This ship pushes the capabilities of Cylon technology the absolute limit.
- Cylon Cluster Nukes – A devastating multi-missile system capable of striking six individual targets with high yield nuclear warheads.
- Cylon Virus Mines – A short-range ECM field generator that hacks the subsystems of hostile ships and compromises enemy squadrons.
Battlestar Galactica Dealock: Ghost Fleet Offensive will be available on PC on February 25th, on Xbox One and PS4 few weeks later