Feb 10, 2020
The Pit: Infinity expands with new Medic Class, in “Healer” DLC
From Press Release:
The Pit: Infinity expands its Roguelike / FPS hybrid with a major update and the release of its first DLC playable character, SolForce Medic Astryd Jemison. After a year in early access, and final release in the Fall of 2019, the game has seen a number of post-release updates in support of the title, but with The Pit: Infinity – Healer, the game has begun to expand its offerings like its predecessor, the turn-based Roguelike, The Pit.
“The thing we enjoy most at Kerberos is when we start expanding our titles, offering players more content and new challenges, so there’s always something new going into the game to keep things exciting. Three player co-op has been a blast and the addition of the Medic, players can now take on The Pit as a group of four, with new strategies they can use to stay alive!” – Chris Stewart (Producer)
With the update, the game offers a fourth player slot for multiplayer co-op, making room for the new playable Medic character. The medic is available in MP even without the DLC, however The Pit: Infinity – Healer DLC will need to be purchased for solo games ($2.99USD). Players can still pick up The Pit: Infinity for $19.99USD or buy both together for 30% as part of The Healer Deal bundle!
About the Game:
The Pit: Infinity is a cooperative RPG with first-person-shooter controls and roguelike permadeath. It is meant to be played solo, or cooperatively with up to four friends. Players will take on the role of a Marine, Scout or Engineer – or the new Medic character with the update and DLC – and enter the Pit, a high-tech dungeon in which diabolical experiments are performed on life forms gathered from all over the galaxy. Reviews keys for The Pit: Infinity and Healer DLC available upon request.
- Start as one of three unique Characters, each with different Attributes, Skills and Items!
- The Healer DLC adds a new fourth character – try the new character our in multiplayer games, without the DLC!
- The Medic who comes with her Cadeceus Armor to protect her from poison, disease, and being stunned, as well as damage.
- New Transfuser weapon takes health from enemies and transfers them to the player character. In multiplay, the weapon can transfer the players health to another teammate.
- Updated tutorial helps players practice the basics before diving into The Pit
- New monsters!
- Explore procedurally generated hallways, rooms and biomes!
- Battle monsters and robots to gain experience and loot!
- Open locked doors, avoid traps, and rifle through alien treasure troves, seeking supplies, ammunition and gear!
- Gain Levels to improve your Attributes and Skills!
- Collect components and craft new items to improve your chances of survival!
- Delve as deep into the Pit as you can, before you’re horribly killed! Each new floor becomes more challenging and progressively more difficult to beat.