From Press Release:
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. February 11, 2020. Developer Fluxscopic and publisher tinyBuild are excited to announce that the top-down action-adventure Mayhem in Single Valley is going to be released on PC in 2020.
Mayhem in Single Valley is a thoughtful pixel-art action-adventure mixing an almost Zelda-like vast world with the supernatural retro feel of Stranger Things.
The game tells a story of a local boy Jack, who was supposed to leave home for a new life in the city, but the plans changed due to a series of earth-shattering events. The radioactive spillage mysteriously finds its way into the river, contaminating the surrounding fauna and making that somber suburbia a center of the apocalypse.
The game story unfolds throughout a wide variety of locations with dozens of unique physics and light puzzles and enemies with their motivations and fears that you may use to your adventure.
Mayhem in Single Valley comes to PC in 2020. If you’re attending PAX East in Boston this year, stop by our booth to try the game.
- Physics-based puzzles meet fast-paced action-adventure in the gorgeous pixel art.
- Go from downtown to the underground caves and from secret labs to the broken version of reality.
- Combine different food types, antidotes, and poisons to escape and/or manipulate crazed wildlife and bosses.
- Pull, push, drag, and generally fling items about your environment to solve puzzles and overcome obstacles.
- Enemies and NPCs have a variety of motivations and fears, use them to your advantage.
- Portable cassette player based soundtrack. You decide what music you’d like to accompany your battles.
- Plane crashes, car chases, making clones of yourself…
- Oh, did we already mention radioactive squirrels?