From Press Release:
SAN DIEGO, Calif. – March 11, 2020 – Rogue Planet Games™ today released Escalation for PlanetSide 2 – the biggest update to Steam’s #1 free-to-play MMO first-person (MMOFPS) shooter since the game’s launch in 2012. Escalation introduces new guild-based endgame tournaments (Outfit Wars), an expansive War Assets system for dedicated Outfits, the cross-empire Sanctuary Social Hub, and the looming Bastion Fleet Carrier, a massive interplanetary aircraft that can now be called down to the battlefields of Auraxis.
“We are excited to provide the PlanetSide 2 community with an expansion that rewards our most dedicated players; past, present and future,” said Andy Sites, Executive Producer on the PlanetSide Franchise for Rogue Planet Games. “The new seasonal tournaments for dedicated Outfits, Cross-Empire Social Zone, and a meta-changing War Asset System add even greater depth and scale to PlanetSide 2’s unique all-out planetary warfare gameplay.”
Escalation’s major highlight is Outfit Wars – new end-game content for PS2’s unique MMOFPS guild system. Dedicated Outfits can qualify for monthly GvGvG tournaments on the new “Desolation” asteroid map, taking players off-planet for the first time. The new War Asset system also adds strategic depth and variety to Outfit play, allowing guilds to collect resources that can be crafted into assets including:
- Bastion Fleet Carrier: This massive interplanetary fleet carrier features mannable turrets, ship-mounted artillery cannons, an interceptor launch platform, and mobile vehicle respawn points
- Steel Rain: A coordinated platoon drop pod assault onto a target location
- Citadel Shield: A sturdy projectile-blocking bubble shield the size of a small outpost
- A.N.V.I.L.: Airdrop a ground vehicle of your choice on demand
- Orbital Satellite Uplink: Radio in an Orbital Strike anywhere on the battlefield
In addition, the Escalation update debuts a new Outfit Loyalty system for players to earn and spend communal merit, and the massive Sanctuary Zone, a new community hub for players of all Empires to trade, recruit, and relax outside of combat. Sanctuary will feature cross-faction communication, Outfit vendors, and new tutorial content for players of all ability levels.