From Press Release:
LONDON, UK (October 22, 2020) — The most advanced multiplayer surgery game ever made has just received a new competitive update. The Surgical Showdowns release introduces a set of six frantic, team-based levels to Surgeon Simulator 2. Designed by some of the wildest creative minds at Bossa, this update adds an all-new competitive twist to the operation sim, matching surgeon against surgeon in a range of environments; some hospital-based, and some decidedly not. Whether it’s racing to dismember the most limbs in Arms Race, or sprinting to the finish line in the Bob-stacle Course, these levels will bring adrenaline-fuelled fun (not to mention ruthless medical conflict) to Surgeon Simulator 2.
The Surgical Showdown update features the following new challenges:
- Run For Your Money: It’s raining cash! Bounce off the trampolines to catch as many falling coins as you can, before slotting them into your pachinko machine. Who can deposit the most coins before the time runs out?
- Pulse Racer: Grab that bonesaw. Mop your brow. And race to heal more Bobs than the other team! This is pure and unrelenting speed-based surgery.
- The Bob-stacle Course: A 2v2 obstacle course, but with surgery at the… ahem, heart of it. No mud. All blood!
- Arms Race: Good ol’ fashioned, team-based dismemberment. Rip off Bob’s limbs and shoot them in the goals to score. Go on, break a leg!
- Balls to the Wall: Race to grab the giant balls before navigating a series of obstacles to shoot them into your goal. First team to score 3 wins!
- Hide and Shriek: Can you outwit the other team by hiding a series of objects in a place they’ll never find? Find out in this quickfire game of hospital hide-and-seek.
“Surgeon Simulator 2 has created competition among players and real surgeons alike,” said Henrique Olifiers, Bossa Studios’ Gamer-in-Chief and CEO. “We saw a prime example of this last week when over 20 medical professionals at Grimsby Hospital undertook a heart transplant speedrun within Surgeon Simulator 2. We’ve created this content update so players everywhere, be they real doctors or not, can enjoy the thrill of competitive surgery without risking any lawsuits. Good luck to everyone who dives in, and may the best surgeon win!”
Surgeon Simulator 2 is a physics-based medical simulation where every object, every organ, and every limb are up for grabs or dropping (it depends on your skill level). Featuring all-new operations, a thrilling story mode, 4-player online co-op, and the bone-afide Creation Mode get ready to explore an entire medical facility of wonder in this fully fleshed-out sequel! Surgeon Simulator 2 is out now on the Epic Game Store and available for £19.99 / $24.99.