From Press Release:
Larkspur, Calif. (June 14, 2021) – Prime Matter and Massive Work Studio have teamed up to release Dolmen, a third-person action title taking place in a unique horror sci-fi universe. Dolmen will be published under the newly founded Prime Matter label from Koch Media.
Taking influence from HP Lovecraft as well as modern pop culture, Dolmen shows how merciless the universe can be outside the known parameters we humans are accustomed to. Players needs to overcome vicious bosses and survive bizarre, hostile environments as the unique story reveals secrets of the mysterious crystals called Dolmen.
Dolmen is slated for release in 2022 on PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC and is hitting both physical and digital stores thanks to the publishing deal between Koch Media and Massive Work Studio. Koch Media will be fully responsible for publishing and distribution activities covering markets worldwide through its local offices.
“Koch Media have helped thousands of developers to create fantastic worlds with incredible stories,” said Larissa Villard, Producer at Massive Work Studio. “We are proud to be partnered with such a prestige publisher and be part of their story. Everyone at Massive Work Studio is working hard to deliver the players a unique experience, so they can unveil this massive universe we are creating.”
Dolmen takes place in a sci-fi universe where humanity has colonized several star systems using space travel technology and genetic manipulation to adapt to the conditions. The Revion system is distant from the main inhabited area of the galaxy but drew the attention of Zoan Corp. for emitting radiation different from other systems, suggesting the existence of other universes. Mysteriously, there is only one planet in this system, which was named Revion Prime.
Before the discovery of the Revion system there was no evidence for the existence of other dimensions. The scientific and military interest behind this discovery could destabilize the existing political balance but, more than that, research on Revion Prime also revealed the existence of an alien species called Vahani – whose role appears to be roaming the universes helping other species to evolve. Their interests are obscure, and it remains to be seen if the creation of xeno-species could have had any influence from them. The player will need to discover the secrets of Revion Prime and the Dolmen crystals to find out.
- Intense Melee Combat – Experience rich combat with various types of melee weapons and moves. Attack, block and dodge as you try to escape from enemies as well as damage them.
- Smart Ranged Combat – Use ranged weapons’ elemental shots to cause different debuffs on enemies. All creatures answer specifically to each combination, making each combat experience feel unique from the last.
- Energy Management – To activate your ranged weapons, some energy must be spent. But this isn’t the only use of Energy. By activating “Energy Mode”, your melee weapon will be empowered too. Also, you can use a portion of Energy to recover a small portion of your HP quickly. But beware, energy does not regenerate by itself, so use it carefully.
- Challenging Enemies – Surviving is the last thing the cosmos wants you to do… Along your way, many creatures will try to end your journey to continue their own.
- Gruesome Bosses – Does the human race deserves to exist? Many alpha predators will say no – be prepared to fight for your right to do just that.
- Exploration – All environments will provide unique settings not found on earth. Fungi, corpses and amorphous stalactites compound the way. Different kinds of vegetal life infest the ecosystem of Revion Prime.
Every area is different from the next: Plants, fog and terrain will be constantly changing and becoming more and more daring… the whole world can be yours. But you’ll never be yourself again…
Visit https://primematter.gg/en-us for more info on Dolmen.
Wishlist Dolmen on Steam – https://store.steampowered.