From Press Release:
Belgrade, Serbia – August 13th, 2021 – Independent developer Pet Project Games today released the first gameplay trailer for Ripout. Launching on PC in 2022 and built with Unreal Engine, Ripout is a co-op sci-fi horror FPS with customisable biotech weapon combat, that features the Living Pet Weapon (LPW) that absorbs advanced tech from downed mutants including shield, plasma and teleportation biotech upgrades. Earlier this year Pet Project Games released a teaser showing just a few snippets of gameplay, but now the true Ripout experience is laid bare in the full gameplay trailer.
Ripout is set in the 22nd Century, an era where humanity has reached beyond Earth to conquer the solar system. An interplanetary revolution for humanity began, but it would quickly turn disastrous. This new expansion was greeted with new threats, as Alien forces emerged and threatened this new golden age. Desperate to find a way to keep them at bay, humanity developed a cell that regenerated soldiers’ tissue at superhuman speeds. But the cell turned sentient, causing those soldiers to transform into gruesome and bloodthirsty mutants. With humanity’s saviour now fast becoming their downfall, soldiers are deployed using the latest in biotech weaponry to deal with the mutants that have overtaken its fleet of battleships, turning them into derelict and deadly graveyards…
“We’re extremely excited to be able to fully unveil Ripout to players. The game takes aesthetic and gameplay influences from a load of genres and melds them together into something unique.” said Goran Rajsic, lead game designer at Pet Project Games. “We wanted to offer up a fresh twist on the action horror genre and we think the elements of procedural generation, co-op multiplayer and the awesome biotech weapons deliver an innovative experience that sets Ripout apart from the crowd. We hope everyone is excited for 2022, when we unleash our game to the world!”
Key Features in Ripout:
- Procedurally generated levels: Ripout is a sci-fi procedurally-generated shooter, enabling players to undertake missions that will never be the same.
- Variety of different missions, monsters and objectives: Every mission will offer various objectives to cater to players with different playstyles. Mutants can reconfigure their bodies and assimilate other monsters to become a constantly evolving threat.
- Scalable co-op multiplayer: Featuring intense co-op gameplay, Ripout offers scalable difficulty to ensure teams always have a fun yet challenging experience.
- Sentient weapon companions: Players have their LPWs by their side at all times. They can use them as a weapon to shoot mutants or unleash it to feast on enemies and even harness some of their biotech powers.
- A cozy hub ship: Players can take a break between patrols in their cruiser hub. Hang out with your friends, play some arcade mini games from the 80s and customise your loadout, ready for another randomly generated mission.
Steam page: https://store.steampowered.