From Press Release:
Here at Death Inc, the Underworld’s leader in processing souls in the afterlife, we are thrilled to announce the very first update for our roguelike, Have a Nice Death. Starting today, new recruits can unlock Infrastructure Development, a new content drop for mortals who have downloaded the game as part of Early Access on Steam. Our mortal minions up at Magic Design Studios have been hard at work, developing brand-new content that is absolutely to die for. This includes an exciting new rewards system that unlocks bonuses for only the most skilled players, full access to Modern Warfare Department, added spells and Thanagers (mini-bosses) to destroy, plus a host of “quality-of-death” improvements.
Here’s a full list of content available with the Infrastructure Development update:
- Lobby Challenge – Meet Jocelyn, Death Incorporated’s elevator, who offers a series of exciting challenges in between runs. Each challenge unlocks an instant bonus, such as a new weapon or spell. However, some challenges have a set requirement — failure to complete this task will lead to a major consequence, like less health, less mana and much more.
- Full Access to Modern Warfare Department – We gave everyone a small taste of this world when Have a Nice Death released last month. Starting today, you’ll now have access to the entire level, complete with five different enemies: a veteran armed with a drum of explosives, a headless figure who leaves behind land mines, a fire-breathing pyromaniac, a cadet with homing missiles and an unhinged pilot who drops bombs from above.
- Breakroom Upgrades and New Relaxation Area – Visit the new water cooler in the breakroom, where you can trade Soulary in for Anima to restore health. There’s also a new vending machine where you can randomly score a new item or take damage if the machine is broken. If you need a break, you can visit the new Relaxation Area where you can pick up a healing cup of Koffee for free and rest up.
- New Thanagers – Management has hired four new Thanagers (mini-bosses) to reign terror at Death Incorporated:
- Leon Clean is the custodial engineer responsible for keeping the Hall of Eternity spotless. Watch out for his deadly vacuum which projects deadly trash.
- X4-H is a dangerous mutagen with uncontrollable saliva who has taken over the Industrial Pollution Department.
- Richard J. Barron can also be found wandering the Industrial Pollution Department. In a former life, he was a crooked oil tycoon who profited from fossil fuel.
- Ms. Camille Flage may look slow, but she is a fury unleashed and has an insane vertical attack. She can be found trudging through the Modern Warfare Department.
- Added Spells – Recruits can discover five brand new spells that give you the power to flambé enemies from a distance, deal massive damage with a single detonation, along with other abilities.
- Bug Fixes and “Quality of Death Improvements” – We’ve tasked the minions at Magic Design Studios with updating game mechanics and fixing issues that our mortal players have reported in the first month of development.
This is just the beginning for Have a Nice Death! Here at Death Inc, we’ve got our minions working their fingers to the bone on new content for the game, which we will be releasing in regular updates throughout the year.
Have A Nice Death is a hand-drawn 2D Action Roguelike where gamers will assume the role of Death, Founder and CEO of Death Incorporated, the giant underworld organization responsible for processing souls in the afterlife. As the company’s supreme leader, they will explore the darkly charming, procedurally generated departments of the corporation’s headquarters to round up and rehabilitate rogue employees who have been ignoring company protocol and snatching up far too many souls on Earth. Getting the department bosses—also known as Sorrows—and their minions under control, however, is a difficult task and will require multiple runs to complete. Luckily, players will have an arsenal of weapons, spells and special skills on hand to get the job done. Developed by Magic Design Studios, Have a Nice Death is available on Steam as part of Early Access for $14.99.
To learn more about Have a Nice Death, visit our site on the Underworld Wide Web: http://haveanicedeath.com/.