From Press Release:
Montpellier, France, May 25, 2022 – Indie developer Artefacts Studio in partnership with Dear Villagers have revealed the third and final expansion of their hit RPG The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos with Back to the Futon. Due this Summer on PC, Switch, PlayStation 4&5, and Xbox platforms, Back to the Futon holds four brand new chapters, filled with shenanigans and epic hijinks, and brings about the conclusion of their adventures in the wackiest of all dungeons.
In Back to the Futon, the adventurers are sent on a quest through time and space to solve once and for all the temporal anomaly that has enveloped the Dungeon of Naheulbeuk. During these time-traveling shenanigans, our heroes will face off against multiple challenges and enemies, including the zealous cultists of Dlul, the drowsy God of Sleep, as they search for the statuette of Gladeulfeurha.
Back to the Futon is an epic undertaking that’s roughly half as long as the base game. The culmination of everything introduced in The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk and its previous expansions (The Ruins of Limis and Splat Jaypak’s Arenas), Back to the Futon will allow players to reach level 16, offering them several new passive and active skills, along with new gear.
“Back to the Futon is our love letter to everything that made The Amulet of Chaos great,” said Bruno Chabanel, CEO of Artefacts Studio. “As the title implies, Back to the Futon’s time-traveling concept gives us carte blanche to revisit the Dungeon of Naheulbeuk from an all new perspective. Seeing it in its early days, while it was still under construction, will rekindle players’ memories of the base game and its previous expansions, while adding all new comedic twists and lore to discover.”
“The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos has been one of our most cherished titles, and Back to the Futon is a stirring tribute to everything that made it such a success,” said Guillaume Jamet, Head of Publishing at Dear Villagers. “We wanted this saga to go out with a bang, and we feel like Artefacts Studio has more than delivered!”
The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos’ is a turn-based tactical RPG chock-full of charm, humour and chaos! Leading a ragtag company of unlikely heroes, players will embark on an epic adventure combining the fun, creativity and chaos of an epic fantasy tabletop campaign with the challenge of the very best tactical RPG games, delivering an adventure unlike anything you’ve played before.
- Explore a huge and surprising dungeon from the cave up to the luxury quarters of the evil lord Zangdar, passing through the goblin ice skating park and an extremely lively tavern!
- Play with seven classic role-playing game characters complementing each other’s skills as you level them up: the Ranger, the Elf, the Dwarf, the Barbarian, the Magician (voiced by the talentuous Felicia Day!), the Ogre and the Thief.
- Exciting turn-based battles, with creative support mechanics between team members.
- An expansive bestiary (more than 100 enemies!) pushing you to think more tactically with every fight.
- Hidden and destructive objects (including beer kegs) with surprising status effects will turn the tide of battle for the better…or worse!
- An adaptive difficulty system: from an accessible and fun story mode with simplified combat to the “nightmare mode” where the smallest tactical errors will lead you to your doom!
- Bizarre conversations, absurd situations and unusual encounters await!
- Based on the popular Naheulbeuk universe by French author John Lang.