From Press Release:
7 SEPTEMBER, 2022 – Indie publisher Digerati can announce today that top-down stealth action game UNDETECTED will launch 30th September on Steam, Epic Games Store, GOG and other PC storefronts, priced $14.99. A new UNDETECTED trailer has also been released and can be watched below.
Console versions will launch later this year (exact date still TBC) for Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.
Created by Mexican developer Merlino Games, UNDETECTED is the studio’s second stealth-focused project, following its 2021 debut, The Chameleon. UNDETECTED offers classic, top-down stealth action against the backdrop of corporate conspiracy in a turbulent near-future divided by social and political unrest.
Players take the role of Tenoch Kaan, an expert in non-lethal infiltration and agent for the revolutionary group, Los Desplazados. Players must use stealth tactics to sneak past guards and avoid detection. Kaan’s cybernetic eye enhancement allows players to survey their surroundings, while a selection of non-lethal bullet types and explosives can be used to help Kaan stay one step ahead of the enemy.
Retro textures and models give an authentic, old-school visual style to complement the classic gameplay, while a dynamic ‘sneak camera’ perspective ensures moments of wall-hugging sneakery feel extra tense and dramatic.
About the game
Yucatan, Mexico – June 07, 2063. A cell of the revolutionary group ‘Los Desplazados’, including their leader Gloria, has gone missing while on operations around the site of the Chicxulub Perpetual Energy Station.
Tenoch Kaan, a Desplazados rebel and reformed agent of the shadowy CIMACORP group, is deployed to find Gloria and her team. Fitted with the latest in biotechnological enhancements, Kaan’s mission is to find the missing Desplazados without alerting CIMACORP to his presence.
UNDETECTED is a top-down stealth game with a non-lethal-only approach.
- Stay hidden: Avoid detection by hiding in the shadows and staying out of sight. Turn off lights and create dark areas to sneak through. Be careful not to leave footprints.
- Use sound wisely: Every footstep, surface, weapon and item can make a noise that will attract enemy attention. Stay as silent as possible, or use sound tactically to gain an advantage.
- Scout mode: Slow the action and assess the lay out of an area with an augmented top-down view of your surroundings. Observe enemy positions and plan your next move.
- Non-lethal action: Deadly force is not permitted. Instead, use stealth to avoid enemies, or melee attacks and an array of weapons to incapacitate and immobilize them.
- Tactical tools: Use a variety of non-lethal bullets and explosives. Includes rubber bullets that can be fired at light switches, and a slime explosive used to mute the sound of footsteps.
- Rescue captives: Find Desplazados members captured by CIMACORP to increase your max health, max batteries (used for armor and to restore health), and to gain key cards (used to access more areas).
- Difficulty modes: Choose from four scaling levels of challenge. From a forgiving and relaxed stealth experience, all the way to ‘Mexican Extreme’, which wipes your save if an alert is triggered!
As a publisher, Digerati is dedicated to helping independent developers bring their creations to market and into the hands of gamers. We take care of funding, distribution, marketing and production, leaving developers to focus on what they love – making incredible games and unique experiences.
About Merlino Games
Merlino Games is a Mexican game development company, founded by Antonio Freyre in Guadalajara Jalisco in 2020. Our purpose is to create games with Mexican characters. We want people like us to feel represented and hope to deliver unique products with a strong creative voice that overflows with tone and personality. https://www.