From Press Release:
Thursday, 10th November 2022 – Team17 and Small Impact Games have announced that hardcore PvPvE looter shooter Marauders has seen players jump into 30 million raids – an average of one million per day – since the game’s Steam Early Access launch at the start of October. As players explore dangerous deep-space battlegrounds in search of valuable loot and fight to the death in ship versus ship dogfights, Small Impact Games has also revealed that the Sten is the most looted weapon, while raids have, on average, seen players each rack up four kills before escaping or being killed in action.
Although a squad-based shooter where up to four players can team up to take on human and AI opponents, Marauders has seen lone wolf participants make up 59% of raids, while over 9.2 million health reviving bandages have been looted in game, underlining the challenge of surviving in the brutal FPS.
From today, a brand-new patch will also introduce two new weapons to the game used by British armed forces in the real world: the experimental EM-2 rifle, and iconic Webley Revolver, which was used and iterated upon for almost 80 years. The patch will also add numerous quality-of-life improvements to the game, including map cycling to help prevent raid repetition, additional airlocks across all maps to ease player congestion, mission specific XP for Breacher Pod kills, a toggle lean option, and a field-of-view slider that enables players to spot enemies more easily in their periphery.
For a full list of changes and additions, please check out the developer blog.
Team17 and Small Impact Games have also debuted a brand-new teaser for the game’s first major content update since entering Steam Early Access, codenamed: ‘Ace’. The update is set to arrive before the end of the year.
Marauders takes place in an alternative 1990s where The Great War never ended, Earth has been industrialised to its breaking point, and most have fled to the stars. Band together with a crew of up to three other players to navigate a hostile battleground, hunt for loot, craft new weapons and gear, and salvage what’s needed to survive.
Marauders Key Features
- Immersive sci-fi setting: Discover a gritty dieselpunk world where Earth is on the brink of collapse and survival relies on looting and shooting among the stars
- Raid, loot, escape: Plunder deep-space battlegrounds and embark on daring raids for troves of valuable loot, then get out alive to claim your spoils and turn a healthy profit
- Tense first-person combat: Work alone or with up to three other players to survive intense combat encounters with realistic bullet simulation against enemy teams and AI opponents
- Persistent gear and XP: Keep your best gear match-to-match and tweak your favourite weapons with mods while using XP to unlock new items and increase your chances of survival
- Upgradeable spaceships and explosive sci-fi dogfights: Upgrade your ship’s armaments; build a brand-new craft with scavenged resources; or take someone else’s by force
Marauders is being developed by Small Impact Games, an independent development studio based in the UK, and is available now to purchase on Steam for £24.99/29.99 USD/€29.99. To keep up to date with the latest on Marauders, like the game on Facebook, follow on Twitter, join the official Discord, and follow the developer blog.