From Press Release:
8 DECEMBER 2022, WARSAW, POLAND – Solo developer Clockwork Pile has released a new demo and gameplay trailer for Shardpunk: Verminfall, an upcoming mix of strategy, RPG, and resource management in which players will try to outrun the rat horde and survive another day in the war-torn steampunk world.
The new demo is now available on Steam and GOG. It includes one full campaign mission and showcases a variety of never before seen enemies and combat mechanics, more character progression options, and numerous quality-of-life improvements suggested by the players during the extensive community playtests.
The developer also updated the release window for the game to Q1 2023. This extra time will allow him to make a better, more balanced, and optimized experience by focusing mostly on playtesting and tweaking. Players can participate in this process on the developer’s Discord channel.
Shardpunk: Verminfall is coming to Steam and GOG in Q1 2023.
- XCOM meets Darkest Dungeon as Shardpunk: Verminfall combines turn-based tactical battles with the hard choices made at the bunker
- Grid-based levels that are open for exploration and full of tactical possibilities while you run from the endless hordes of rats
- A motley crew of characters to build your team, each one with unique abilities, equipment, perks, and shortcomings that affect their mates
- Steampunk arsenal and technologies to use in battle that also requires mending and cooling, so they don’t backfire on you in the middle of the fight
- Variety of resources to scavenge, upgrades to unlock, and equipment to craft
- Detailed pixel art visuals that set the victorian mood and feast your eyes with fusion-core explosions
About Clockwork Pile
One-man-army software engineer and turn-based games fan who became a full-time indie developer to make his dream game.
Retrovibe is a publisher that aims to unlock next levels of fun by delivering new indie games with a retro heart. It was established in 2021 by a group of experienced games industry professionals.