From Press Release:
FROM GROUND CONTROL, TSOSI MASSIF, JANUARY 31, 2023 – Superbrothers A/V Inc., Pine Scented Software Ltd., scntfc and JETT Squad are profoundly satisfied to see JETT: The Far Shore + Given Time launch on Steam today. The game and the Given time expansion are available on the Epic Games Store, PlayStation 4 & 5 and Steam for 40% for a limited time.
“Given Time really brings home the holistic vision of what JETT is all about, presenting a broad and ambitious experience that is unique, meaningful and satisfying” says Richard Flanagan, Given Time contributor and indie/AAA person who made FRACT OSC. “The open-ended nature of the Given Time expansion really builds on the systemic foundations laid out in The Far Shore. As it turns out, this ‘take it at your own pace’ and improvise vibe is especially suited to the intimacy of the Steam Deck. I’ve been playing it on Deck, and not only does it now run really well, but the Steam Deck is a super chill platform to experience the game on.”
The Given Time expansion brings a brand new survival focused campaign that continues the story of the original campaign, resolving the plight of Mei while laying bare JETT‘s immersive sim elements in a player-driven free-roaming ecosystem-puzzling experience with some profound science fiction vibes.
“Given Time is the conclusive puzzle piece.says composer scntfc, C Andrew Rohrmann, who is releasing a JETT: Given Time OST. “Given Time satisfyingly completes both the JETT OST, and The Far Shore + Given Time game experience. It represents a pretty ideal conclusion to over ten years of musical evolution and hard work”.
On launch day, we’ll be running the first of a series of livestreams at JETT on Steam alongside various members of the JETT Squad, including Superbrothers, Pine Scented, scntfc, Priscilla Snow and Sam Bradley, who will be shooting the breeze and fielding frequently asked questions while dipping into JETT’s two campaigns. JETT-Squad member and Given Time contributor Dan Berry will be hosting the launch stream, with JETT Squad powerhouse Zack Wheeler at the helm for subsequent streams.
JETT: The Far Shore launched on October 5th 2021 on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, and the Epic Games Store and will be coming to Steam Early 2023 alongside the new free Given Time campaign.
About JETT: The Far Shore + Given Time:
JETT: The Far Shore + Given Time invites you on an interstellar trip to carve out a future for a people haunted by oblivion in this cinematic action adventure. As scout and ‘anchorite’ Mei, be the first to deploy to a mythic ocean planet. Take the helm of a ‘jett’ and explore a vast unknown – skim low over waves, roar up pristine coastlines and carve through otherworldly woods. Adapt to an intricate, systemic open world and persevere through adversity alongside an intimate ensemble in this story of courage, wonder and regret.
JETT: The Far Shore + Given Time features two separate campaigns:
THE FAR SHORE Take the helm of a jett and embark on an interstellar trip to a faraway planet to carve out a future for a people haunted by oblivion.
GIVEN TIME Inhabit Mei’s psyche and arise into an exploratory adventure with puzzles and mystery, then go beyond oblivion to earn closure.
- EMBARK on an exploratory single player adventure presented in five captivating acts encompassing monumental moments, laid-back exploration, occasional white-knuckle action, moments of heartfelt companionship, and a helping of existential dread.
- SOAK in a sea of music and 3D sound, with a breathtaking score by Scntfc.
- DEPLOY to the surface of a mythic ocean planet: skim up undiscovered coastlines, inspect indigenous flora and fauna, adapt to new perils, and problem-solve tough obstacles using your jett’s array of scientific tools.
- INVESTIGATE the source of ‘the hymnwave’, an interstellar invitation that propelled a people to look beyond their troubled skies and across the sea of stars, for salvation
- RENDEZVOUS at ‘Ground Control’ and get to know fellow scouts in relaxed first-person sequences, as the scouts struggle together to “satisfy ‘Jao’s directives’” and acquit themselves with honor.
- ENDURE hardships, evade pursuers and grapple with massive ‘kolos’ creatures by out-pacing or out-smarting adversaries and navigating hazards.
- DELVE DEEPER in Given Time to explore an expansive mysterious world where the open-world immersive sim elements linger on the horizon.
For more information on JETT: The Far Shore + Given Time, visit https://www.jett.fyi/.
Follow JETT on Twitter. Hop on the ‘for Superbrothers A/V – Enthusiasts’ for the latest from Superbrothers A/V and JETT, via JETT.fyi.
Find the game on PlayStation: https://www.
Find the game on the Epic Games store: https://www.epicgames.
Find the game on Steam: https://store.
About Superbrothers + Pine Scented:
JETT: The Far Shore + Given Time was created over a span of some years by Superbrothers + Pine Scented, with songs and sounds by scntfc. The project was then bolstered by an all-star squad, a constellation of remote collaborators and colleagues strewn across the troubled surface of Earth. JETT: The Far Shore + Given Time is the second videogame co-created by Superbrothers, following 2011’s cult classic Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP.