May 24, 2023
SpaceBourne 2 launches version 2.0, adding motherships, new NPC AI, and bug fixes – available now
From Press Release:
Izmir, Turkey, May 24th, 2023 – Embark on your cosmic conquest in style as DBK Games introduces a mothership-sized update to SpaceBourne 2.0!
With the launch of ver.2.0 this past weekend, there have been a number of new additions to the game like new NPC AI, drone intelligence, balances and bugfixes for Faction Wars, space combat, visual effects and more.
New Features in Ver. 2.0
A new class of ship has been unlocked. Mirroring the functionality of traditional space stations, Motherships are equipped with an armory, a market, and a space for player upgrades, providing adventurers with the tools they need to thrive in the vastness of space. Motherships are also able to carry not one, but two fighter-class ships which players are capable of switching to during gameplay to jump right into ship-to-ship combat.
On the ground, you now have access to Nova Squad, who like Alpha Squad can be summoned to fight alongside your pilot during planetside combat situations. Players can assign soldiers to four distinct specializations – Medic, Tank, Reaper, and Blitzkrieg. Strategize and harness the unique skills and abilities of each role to overcome any challenges and leave your opponents with nowhere to run.
SpaceBourne 2 has also implemented a new drone management system, allowing players to manage and order drones with specific instructions on the go. The maximum number of drones that ships can carry has also been increased from 8 to 15.
Speaking of increasing things, SpaceBourne 2‘s new gore/limb damage system has revamped combat encounters, which means new devastating effects when specific limbs or sections of armor are damaged during combat!
- “SpaceBourne 2” features thousands of star systems with hundreds of planets to explore and discover.
- The game allows players to manage and upgrade both their ship and character.
- The game features a dynamic galaxy with factions, galactic trade, diplomacy, and more.
- Players can join a guild that fits their playstyle and participate in constantly updated missions on guild servers.
- Players can also create their own faction, choosing everything from its policies to its military organization.
- The game includes side events such as mining and exploration.
- The primary objective of the game is to conquer the galaxy.
SpaceBourne 2 features full English voice acting. The final game will include text localization and subtitles for English, Brazilian Portuguese [updated], Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Turkish [updated], and Spanish.