From Press Release:
Watford, UK – 16th June, 2023: Publisher Wired Productions and solo developer , Tomas Sala, are delighted to announce the expansion of the Evolving Demo for freeform city builder, Bulwark: Falconeer Chronicles, ahead of the Steam Next Fest event.
Bulwark : Falconeer Chronicles, A fantasy open world building sandbox that subverts you into exploring your own chaotic creativity.
The Evolving Demo has been cooking and percolating for several months, its purpose is to streamline the experimental controls that combine open world exploration with organic building and tower design in a sprawling open 3d world, players can now jump in with a host of improvements and new content:
- A political system that monitors which refugees you bring into your settlement and how they affect the balance of factions in your settlement
- Unlock a dominant faction that in turn will allow more advanced captains and commanders of that faction to join you.
- Enroll aggressive Faction Leaders that unlock even more new building options and vehicles as well as inciting raids and combat encounters.
- The introduction of new captains and combat captains with their own set of perks
- A campaign option to skip the tutorial and dive right into the action (for hardcore players).
- New random events and encounters (Including Pirate Skullship Captains!)
- An increased range for buildings to snap, allowing for larger sprawling constructions
Players can now try out the latest version of this experimental building game that combines organic and exploratory building with a fully open world. In Bulwark players create their own dream fortresses and settlements across the craggy rocks and sharp peaks of its world. Build up or down, left or right, build anywhere, build by exploring what’s possible.
Just as The Falconeer was Tomas’s attempt to take the players into an exploration of internal conflict. Bulwark is his attempt to take players to the same source from which his own imagination springs, experimentation,curiosity and chaos. The only thing that tempers the player’s wildest creations is that the world is alive and filled with other people and the factional strife that was first introduced in The Falconeer. A living canvas for the player to explore.
You can play the Evolving demo and Wishlist Bulwark: Falconeer Chronicles on Steam now. Further information will be revealed throughout the coming months. To stay up to date visit FalconeerChronicles.com, chat on Twitter or join the official Discord by searching Falconeer Chronicles.