From Press Release:
New York, United States, Monday 19th June, 2023: Fairyship Games, a small US-based developer with a focus on narrative-based titles, is excited to confirm forthcoming action-adventure RPG Testament: The Order of High Human will launch on Steam and Epic Store for PC on Thursday 13th July 2023.
To celebrate the news, as well as releasing a brand new trailer – which you can watch here – the first publicly available demo of Testament: The Order of High Human will hit Steam Next Fest for free later today, opening up more than an hour of the game as it currently stands to anyone who wants to take it on.
Also in development for Xbox and PlayStation, Testament: The Order of High Human is an original first-person, story-based adventure RPG where players will find themselves taking on the role of Aran – the king of High humans in the land of Tessara – as he serves as guardian of the realm.
Aran has been betrayed by his brother, Arva, and robbed of his powers as the world around him is plunged into darkness and overrun by ominous creatures. Players will be tasked with regaining his powers and confronting Arva to restore Tessara to its former glory, upgrading his sword, bow, and magic abilities as they go to develop their own unique fighting style.
Testament: The Order of High Human is a tale of a fallen king’s journey to save his realm from darkness and destruction, which pays homage to leagues of different games and genres those at the 15-people strong studio grew up playing.
“It’s amazing to be able to unveil Testament: The Order of High Human’s launch date after the best part of five years in development,” offers co-creator and studio co-founder Moe Naderi. “The reaction to the first trailer we put out last month has been immense, and we hope players are going to like our ‘melting pot’ approach of tipping Testament’s hat to some of the biggest adventure games from the last decade in play.”
In Testament: The Order of High Human you will:
- Experience an immersive combat style based around three different approaches, each one designed to offer its own unique traits that allow the player to rely on it to get through the majority of play.
- Master sword game-play with a variation of destructive and elemental combos.
- Take charge of 16 magic abilities including single-target spells, traps, Area of Effect (AoE attacks), Damage per Second (DPS), and defensive spells.
- Utilize a magical bow with four different types of arrows such as a normal arrow, a ricochet arrow, an explosive arrow, and a passthrough arrow.
- Take advantage of a grand XP and upgrade system that motivates players to fully explore every land and dungeon.
- Experience unique gameplay areas with exciting platforming that reminds you of the nostalgic excitement from retro 2D platformers.
- Take charge of a brand new ‘Eclipse System’ based on gameplay entities called eyes of darkness and it consists of 3 different gameplay mechanics that can work separately or together to deliver exciting encounters and challenges.
- Use more than 18 consumables at the player’s disposal. These craftable items can affect the player’s health and mana or create enhancements to the player’s belongings and surroundings. Using them together can deliver advantages to help players shape their own playing style.
- Take on more than 40 main and side-quests, carefully crafted and relevant to the game’s consistent storytelling.
- Experience strong and engaging storytelling with a nonlinear narrative style.
Testament: The Order of High Human has been in development for the past four and a half years by a small team of 15 people with a passion for storytelling. The game will launch on Steam and Epic Store for PC on Thursday 13th July 2023 for $34.99/€34.99/£29.99. Details on the PlayStation and Xbox launches will follow.