From Press Release:
October 23rd, 2023 — Rediscover Anodyne in the all-new remaster, available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The remaster will arrive on consoles in 2024. All owners of original Anodyne automatically get the remastered Anodyne.
In this classic Zelda-lite game, explore and fight your way through surreal and creepy, nature, urban, and abstract-themed areas in the human Young’s subconscious. Talk to bizarre characters and survive through Game Boy-styled dungeons, all evoked by a 16-bit-era visual style and a moody, dream-like soundtrack.
The Remaster Features:
- The same game, graphics, music, and secrets as the original 2013 release
- Smooth 60 FPS, with the option to keep it on 30 FPS for a classic flair!
- New secret Boss Rush mode — challenge all the bosses in one go!
- Full, Steam Deck-verified controller support and input rebinding!
- The minimap now shows the location of treasure boxes in rooms you’ve visited, as well as floor number information in dungeons.
- New controls to quickly swap between weapon extensions!
- New approachability options let you toggle on more health drops, invincibility and more
- Support for Linux!
- The original Anodyne remains playable on all stores. (Save files do not transfer, though.)
Pick up Anodyne on Itch, Steam, Humble, and GOG. Console versions coming in 2024.