From Press Release:
October 26th, 2023 – The next chapter of the beloved massively multiplayer war game begins today. Foxhole invites players to step onto the decks of battleships and storm enemy beaches with its latest update, Naval Warfare. Band together with thousands of players and engage in large scale warfare that now spans both land and sea.
Naval Warfare introduces full-fledged naval battles to the Foxhole sandbox. Build fleets encompassing Gunboats, Destroyers, and colossal Battleships with dozens of players on deck simultaneously. Deliver ammunition, launch depth charges, and deploy sea mines, all while maintaining and regulating ship systems, such as the engines, sonar, and navigation. Band together both above and below deck in order to outmaneuver enemy vessels.
When cast out to sea, moment-to-moment decisions among player crews can be the difference between victory and defeat. Individual ship subsections can be targeted and destroyed causing compartments to become flooded. Seawater must be bailed out and leaks repaired to stay afloat. Unsuspecting submarines can ambush convoys and thwart naval invasions before they begin.
Invade beaches with an amphibious landing craft and construct portable harbors to support troops as they fight their way through enemy bunkers, trenches, and emplacements. Logistics forces have also been upgraded with new vessels for sea-based operations and towable field weapons provide increased mobility. The expanded naval game combined with island warfare expands the persistent world to an entirely new scope and scale.
Naval Warfare Features:
- Fleets of Ships – Build and deploy impressive fleets of Gunboats, Destroyers, and massive, screen-spanning Battleships with dozens of players on deck.
- Massively Multiplayer Crews – Operate new classes of large naval vessels with crews that must work in tandem above and below deck, taking control of engine rooms, sonar, navigation, and other ship systems.
- Naval Tactics & Strategy – Coordinate with shipmates to deliver and load ammunition, launch depth charges, and deploy sea mines in nail biting, tactical naval battles.
- In-Depth Ship Simulation – Ship subsystems can be individually destroyed and compartments may become flooded. Seawater must be bailed out and leaks repaired to stay afloat during naval engagements. In critical moments of battle, players must decide between sealing off flooded rooms or risking the total loss of a ship.
- Submarines – A new threat emerges from the depths. Invisible to conventional intelligence equipment, Submarines can traverse the seas undetected, ambushing convoys and thwarting naval invasions before they begin.
- Beach Landings – Players can now deploy directly at sea onto Base Ships and storm beaches using new amphibious landing craft designed to ferry both infantry and armor. Portable harbors can be constructed to supply beachheads and support inland troops after a successful invasion.
- Island Warfare – The world of Foxhole has been expanded with new water-based regions. Complete with strategic islands and offshore oil platforms, these new territories set the stage for thrilling new naval campaigns.
- Towing – Trucks, Half-Tracks, and other specialized vehicles can now attach and tow field weapons and other equipment, increasing mobility on the battlefield.
- Trailers – Three specialized types of transport trailers allow additional resources, materials, and fuel to be hauled on cargo runs to the front.
- Additional New Content – Naval Warfare also includes a new Heavy Duty Truck class, deployable field guns, heavy mobile artillery, player built ballistic rocket sites, and more.
Foxhole: Naval Warfare launches today on Steam. Enlisting soldiers can join thousands of seasoned veterans this weekend and enjoy a 33% discount for a limited time. Discuss strategies and tactics by joining the official Foxhole Discord server, and keep up with further updates by following Siege Camp on Twitter and following the Foxhole subreddit.