From Press Release:
Lesquin, France, 7 November 2023 – The video games publisher NACON and Simteract studio invite you to (re)discover Barcelona at the wheel of a taxi with Taxi Life: A City Driving Simulator, available in February on PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S and PC (Steam, Epic Games Store).
Halfway between a simulation and a management game, this new release offers a unique experience in its genre, enabling players to step into the shoes of a taxi driver while also running their own company. Your mission is to take your passengers to their destinations all over Barcelona, while adhering to the rules of the road, adapting your driving style to whatever the road throws at you, such as accidents or traffic jams, as well as catering to every last request from your passengers to secure good ratings and generous tips. On top of that, you must develop your own taxi company: hire other drivers, expand your fleet and make the best choices to enable your business to flourish.
- Immerse yourself in the bustling streets of Barcelona: transport your passengers in a large area of Barcelona reproduced at 1:1 scale, explore the city and earn experience points by discovering new points of interest to unlock new skills.
- Discover the life of a taxi driver: pick up clients and take them to their destinations, while adhering to the rules of the road, adapting your routes to random events (accidents, works, parades, etc.) and the weather conditions. You should also make sure to meet your passengers’ requests, to provide an impeccable service and secure high ratings… and generous tips!
- Develop your own taxi company: buy new cars with the profits from your fare, hire employees based on their profile and assign them to cars, neighbourhoods and time slots, and make the right decisions to maximise your profits.
- Take part in challenges: you may be tasked to floor the accelerator without worrying about speeding fines, or stick strictly to all the rules of the road… but beware, the customers on these missions are particularly demanding!
- Drive the cars of your choice, and customise them: you can choose your own models and your own driving style, but also your vehicles’ size, colour, cab, wheels, components and accessories, and enhance them as you accumulate funds and experience!
- Don’t forget about vehicle maintenance: Monitor the dashboard indicators, and take your car into service stations and garages to get it repaired and cleaned.
Taxi Life: A City Driving Simulator will launch on PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S and PC (Steam, Epic Games Store) in February 2024.