Killing Floor 2 announced, goes for more gore
Tripwire Interactive is pleased to announce that KILLING FLOOR 2, the follow-up to 2009’s multi-million unit selling Sci-Fi Horror, First Person Shooter game KILLING FLOOR, is currently in development for PC and SteamOS. After months of speculation and rumors around KILLING FLOOR 2, the good folks at Tripwire are thrilled to treat fans to an in-depth first look at the moment to moment combat experience that awaits them in the next phase of the “Horzine Outbreak” at the game’s official website, www.killingfloor2.com.
“We’ve all had a huge amount of fun over the last 5 years with KILLING FLOOR. The community has done so much with it, we’ve done so much to it, run so many special events – and we’ve learned so much,” said Alan Wilson, Vice President of Tripwire Interactive. “Now we’re taking all of that – and cranking it to 11 for KILLING FLOOR 2. It’s a lot of work, but it will be a blast!”
In KILLING FLOOR 2 players descend into continental Europe where the outbreak caused by Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has quickly spread and gained unstoppable momentum, essentially paralyzing the European Union— Just one month after the events in the original KILLING FLOOR, the specimen clones are everywhere and civilization is in disarray; communications have failed, governments have collapsed, and military forces have been systematically eradicated. The people of Europe know survival and self-preservation too well and lucky survivors have gone into hiding.
Not all have given up hope though… A group of civilians and mercenaries have banded together to combat the outbreak and established privately funded operation bases across Europe. Upon tracking specimen clone outbreaks, players will descend into zed-laden hot zones and exterminate them.
- Visceral Gore – KILLING FLOOR 2 ramps up the gore with a proprietary, high powered persistent blood system bringing new levels of fidelity to the genre. Players will send entrails, severed limbs, and blood flying as they wade through hordes of enemies. But they need to watch out! If caught, enemies will rip them, and their entire party limb from limb
- 6 player co-op or solo play— A multitude of varied playable characters await for players to choose from as they enter the fray in online co-op mode or solo mode for those willing to brave the horrific specimens alone
- Terrifying Zeds – New enemies and fan favorites from the original game are back with expanded and smarter artificial intelligence, dishing out powerful attacks, working as a group to weaken the player’s party and pushing the challenge level and fear factor to new levels
- Unique Blend Of Weaponry – From modern militaristic assault rifles, brutal improvised makeshift weapons, classic historical guns, and off the wall “Mad Scientist” weapons, KILLING FLOOR 2 has a unique blend of killing tools that will satisfy any gamer
- Expanded Perk System – Perks from the original game have been reimagined with more added to the fold. All perks now progress with meaningful talent choices that amplify different play styles, giving players a progression path that is expansive and full of rewarding milestones
- Brutal Melee Combat – KILLING FLOOR 2 reinvents melee combat completely. Players now have control over the type of melee attacks they can perform, enabling them to deliver bone-breaking crippling attacks to Zeds