Iceberg Interactive and developer Little Green Men Games are proud to announce today that their hugely anticipated space sim with RPG roots, Starpoint Gemini 2, has left Early Access, and is available now on Steam with an SRP of $34.99, discounted by 20% during launch week.
Starpoint Gemini 2 enables players to command their own Starship, and roam the enormous Gemini star system, to mine, loot, fight or trade — or play missions via the main story arc or side missions.
This past year of Early Access has been an incredible ride,” said Danijel Mihokovic, Lead Scripter at Little Green Men Games. “We have seen an amazing community take shape and our thanks goes out to them. Our forums really got overwhelmed with positive feedback, productive opinions, and countless new ideas, and in a joint effort between us and our community, we have managed to raise the quality of the game significantly. As we embrace the game’s official release today, we understand one thing — this is the end of one process and the beginning of another. Even after 50 updates during Early Access, the wish-list created on the community forums will enable and oblige us to continue to refine the game and add new content for a long, long while. And that is something we really look forward to.”
NEW LAUNCH FEATURES:
- Unlocked entire single-player campaign (featuring cut-scenes and voiceover)
- Added full soundtrack, ambient and combat tracks
- Added character selection and ship selection for free-roam mode
- Updated entire skill system, now based on power pool
- Unlocked Steam Achievements
A detailed list of all the updates can be found on Steam HERE.
Starpoint Gemini 2 is a tactical space simulator filled with RPG depth where space-fans can captain their own space ship and roam through the galaxy in 3D. In addition to a deep free-roam mode, Starpoint Gemini 2 focuses on a rich single single-player campaign replete with character voice-overs and cut-scenes, and dramatic story elements, and Steam features such as Steam Achievements and Steam Workshop — enabling heavy modding options.
- Complex, but easy-to-use RPG system, now coupled with dynamic real-time 3D combat
- Explore the dynamic game world as a whole, rather than through individual maps
- Use T-Gates, wormholes, and rift ways to travel faster around the Gemini system
- 50 diverse factions ranging from states and companies to outlaws, locked in a power struggle, with more than 100 commodities to trade or plunder
- Special revocable licenses acquired from factions offer various bonuses and unlock new options
- Gamers can view mercenary captains to follow them on their travels to share their fate, and employ officers to fill key positions on their ship (engineering, navigation, tactical)
- Random missions get generated depending on the player’s actions and allegiances
- More than 70 unique ships, fully upgradeable with various ship systems, with features including visible turrets, and a large arsenal of deadly weapons to blast enemies to pieces
- Direct ship controls create complete immersion
- Advanced physics provided by NVIDIA PhysX technology
- Extensive modding with Steam Workshop