Paranautical Activity will be (re)releasing on Steam, and debuting on the Humble Store and GOG on Friday 13th February, 2015 in a new Deluxe Atonement Edition.
The Atonement Edition includes a new ‘special floor’ – a slippery slidey Frozen variant; a new weapon – the thumping ‘Recoil Rifle’, used to create space between you and enemies and traps, and giving an interesting new angle to gameplay; and a new item – the Digerati Defibrillator, because well, someone had to bring this game back to life, right? There are also developer commentaries, wallpapers and The Seafarer’s Guide, which helps players understand the enemies, items, weapons and bosses. Paranautical Activity: Deluxe Atonement Edition will launch at $9.99 with a 30% discount.
“We’ve taken over the PC rights for Paranautical Activity, because we loved the game and were sad that people weren’t getting to play it. I wanted to thank everyone who had already supported the title in its early access stage, so we’ve added some new in-game content – a new level, item and weapon as well of a bunch of other cool unseen digital bits and bobs. All in game extras will get uploaded into the game’s install folder on Steam. Working with GOG, Steam & the guys at Humble is always a pleasure and brings the game to a wider, different audience so it’s great to be going (back) out on all these stores on the same day!” Nick Alfieri, Digerati.
About Paranautical Activity: Deluxe Atonement Edition.
She’s back! Paranautical Activity combines the classic FPS action of games like Doom and Quake, with the randomness and difficulty of modern roguelikes like Binding of Isaac and Spelunky.
- Unique FPS / Roguelike combination
- Procedurally generated levels
- Impossibly fast game play
- Hidden levels
- Over 100 items
- 40+ enemies & ridiculous bosses?
- Kick ass Dubstep soundtrack
The Deluxe Atonement Edition includes the following:
- Developer footage & commentary, from prototype to pre-alpha to full release!
- The Seafarer’s Guide – A pro guide with a nautical twist. Consult the pro guide to become the leanest, baddest, mostest bestest Paranautical Activity player you can be.
- 1 new level type (Frozen), 1 new weapon (Recoil Rifle) and 1 new item (The Digerati Defibrillator)
- Wallpapers baby!