2K and Firaxis Games today announced that Sid Meier’s Starships is now available worldwide for Windows PC, Mac and iPad.* Developed by Sid Meier, creator of the award-winning Sid Meier’s Civilization® series, Sid Meier’s Starshipschallenges players to command a fleet of starships within the narrative universe of Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth while embarking on a series of turn-based missions. Along the journey, players explore the galaxy in search of other civilizations, protect planets and their people and build a federation to achieve intergalactic peace.
“Civilization: Beyond Earth encouraged players to explore humanity’s next chapter on an alien planet,” said Sid Meier, director of creative development at Firaxis Games. “Starships takes players on a new adventure to find the other worlds settled by humanity, engage in a series of tactical missions, and ultimately bring peace and unity to the galaxy.”
Sid Meier’s Starships sees players build a planetary federation by exploring the galaxy, expanding its influence and domain, researching futuristic technologies and engaging in deep, turn-based tactical space combat with an armada of uniquely customizable starships. Each campaign features a distinctive, galactic strategy map of worlds with dynamically generated tactical combat missions to enhance the game’s replay value. In addition, Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth fans who purchase Sid Meier’s Starships will uncover cross-connectivity and unlockable bonuses, including new planet types and missions.
A complete list of Starships features includes:
- Encounter unique tactical challenges in every mission, with dynamically generated maps, victory conditions and foes;
- Develop customizable armadas for tactical plans with modular spaceship design;
- Expand Federation influence by coming to the aid of each planets citizens, using their unique abilities to enhance player fleets and hinder opponents, as well as building improvements on worlds to increase capabilities and resources;
- Lead a fleet to distant worlds and help civilizations defeat pirates, protect colony ships, destroy rogue AI and more;
- Declare victory by conquering threats to the galaxy, uniting a plurality of worlds through a Federation or leading constituents to push scientific frontiers.
Sid Meier’s Starships is rated E10+ by the ESRB and is now available for purchase from Steam for Windows PC and Mac, the Mac App Store for Mac and the App Store for iPad devices for $14.99.