Developer stillalive studios and publisher Viva Media are proud to announce that the third-person action-adventure game Son of Nor is now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux via Steam for $19.99 USD.
Developed by stillalive studios, Son of Nor puts players in the role of a Son of Nor, consecrated by the Goddess of the Night to stand between the human race and total extinction. Only one human enclave remains in the vast desert world of Noshrac, a hidden enclave called The Edge. After 400 years of peace, humanity’s ancient enemy the Sarahul appears once more, forcing players into an adventure to save their people. Armed with telekinesis and terraforming abilities, players will explore the world of Noshrac, fighting through enemy territory. Uncover the mysteries shrouding an ancient race, solve challenging puzzles, avoid deadly traps, and master mystical powers unlike any ever seen. As a Son of Nor, the World is a Weapon. Use it wisely.
In addition to crafting a rich world with a unique approach to the genre, the Son of Nor development team has also partnered with several cutting-edge device manufacturers, giving players the option to enhance their experience, using Son of Nor’s mystical powers like never before. Using the eye tracking technology of Tobii Tech, players can aim their telekinesis powers at objects and enemies using only their gaze. TheEmotiv EPOC brain computer interface allows players to trigger abilities using only the power of their minds. With the Oculus Rift VR headset, players can further immerse themselves in the world of Noshrac, taking in the depth and scale of detailed environments in full stereoscopic 3D. While each of these gadgets are supported natively and bring exciting enhancements to the game experience, none are required to play.
“I am thrilled about the launch of Son of Nor,” said Julian Mautner, CEO and Lead Developer of stillalive studios. “It has been a labor of love for stillalive studios for several years and we’re very excited to finally share it with the gaming community.”
Son of Nor is available now for Windows PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam for $19.99 USD. For more information about Son of Nor, please visit the official site or the Steam game page. Follow the game on Twitter, Facebook and subscribe to the official YouTube account.
- Telekinesis: Tear rocks out of canyon walls and hurl them at opponents, or use telekinetic abilities to solve intriguing puzzles. Players can move and throw objects to prepare traps and use the environment to their advantage!
- Terraforming: Raise and lower sand to bury enemies, excavate secret passages, block entrances, create barricades or reach elevated places to gain a tactical advantage. Or go haywire and bury entire buildings!
- Elemental Magic: Players unlock Wind, Fire and Essence magic to enhance their arsenal. Cast powerful spells, or enchant telekinetically controlled objects for extra deadly attacks! Combine multiple magic spells to unlock even more powerful techniques!
- Co-op Multiplayer: Son of Nor supports four-player online co-op play as well as two-player local splitscreen co-op.
- PvP Multiplayer: Prove who is the most powerful Son of Nor in chaotic four-player competitive multiplayer action!
- Cutting Edge Peripheral Support: Players become immersed in the world of Noshrac with the Oculus Rift VR headset, aim telekinetic objects with their eyes with the SteelSeries Sentry eye tracker or Tobii EyeX, or command the game with their mind using the Emotiv EPOC brain computer interface!